Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks are due; it must be noted...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...that the intelligence agencies of the U.K. (along with the nascent and developing international network) have averted an air disaster of large proportion.

As a result, we are not counting bodies and mourning our innocent dead.

Hats off to them...this is very welcome and important news.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Actually, I think you'll find they got their info from the Pakistani intelligence agencies.

You know, those Islamic chaps.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    http://revver.com/video/46708/13046

the terrorists are apparently winning.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Actually, I think you'll find they got their info from the Pakistani intelligence agencies.

Good man, believe what you read. It makes life considerably easier for those and such as those.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

Good man, believe what you read. It makes life considerably easier for those and such as those.
    Actually, there are solid indications the Pakistanis were helpful, for which help I would extend my thanks, and count them as part of the "network".

How much this will mean in the longer run is yet to be determined; I remember the Iranians making nice noises after 9/11, too.

For now, I'll consider it a welcome positive.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Yup.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I remember the Iranians making nice noises after 9/11, too.
    Right up to the point that someone, I forget who, slapped them down and called them part of an "Axis of Evil"... driving them away from the international community they were starting to get involved with again...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I remember the Iranians making nice noises after 9/11, too.
    Right up to the point that someone, I forget who, slapped them down and called them part of an "Axis of Evil"... driving them away from the international community they were starting to get involved with again...

Well, I can certainly see your pique.

Had Bush not called them names, they wouldn't be refining fissionable materials, the U.N. wouldn't be worried, and Hezbollah wouldn't have any Katyushas to fire into Israel.

In fact, Ahmedinajad would probably be humping Bush's leg in friendship, right?

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Whilst none of us can say what "would have been".. it's almost certain that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would not have been President there now.

The comments made the Iranians pull away from the dialogue that they had started and really pissed off the population big time, turning them towards the more radical politicians that spoke up against the USA specifically, and away from the Moderates that were making huge inroads up until the end of 1991.

If Ahmadinejad wasn't president, and someone more moderate was, they may well have settled on the nuclear issue by now.

However, its still worth noting that Iran is a member of the non-Proliration Treaty and until recently always allowed inspections by the relevant UN authorities... unlike Israel.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast