Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious ideas needed.

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    If it's fags make him promise he will only sell them for a massive profit to all his mates.
    If it's fags, just get a smaller bag, or, better yet, get one of those open-air fag carriers that are all the rage in 'Frisco.

Anything else, I concur with my colleague manker-

Leave it to Nikki-they're her kids and she's been doing it longer.

Nikki-don't you dare try to shove it off on Jonno.

He'd do well to stand around trying to looking dangerous (instead of just goofy).

I offer all this in total seriousness.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #12
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Or how about you make him sort out that fucked up basement of yours?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    I'd get out the belt if it was really serious. (This is for you to decide, but don't go overboard ). If it was of a lesser offence, I'd discipline him by taking something he likes away. (Ex: Tv, iPod, PC). Also, talk to him about what he did and why he did. If you know his personality and think he is a genuine and good kid, this would do the most good. If you think his personality is more on the rebellious side, be severe and stern about it. And last but not least, never fall into his traps. (Ex: Fake apologies, A completely different attitude from before, etc.) Your job as a father is to love him, but also to discipline him. Best of luck with the problem

Btw what did he have in his bag
    Last edited by kazaaman; 08-12-2006 at 02:39 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDave View Post
    Or how about you make him sort out that fucked up basement of yours?
    Now that sounds like a plan

And just for the information of the higher uppy interleligent people among us, I'm actually pretty good at this parent type stuff so ner
    Possibly to do with having the mental age of a 14 y/o

Jonno

5. Lounge   -   #15
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    For the record, it was empty bottles of alcohol and a girls thong.

He's been grounded for two weeks, no tv, no computer, no video games and no friends. He can choose to work that off by doing jobs around the house - the basement idea sounds brilliant!

What makes things easy for us is the fact that he's a crap liar and really easily caught. I mean, I would NEVER have left stuff like that where my parents might find it. Good for me, not so good for him.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene View Post
    We have a 13 y/o boy to punish.
    Lets just say we found some stuff in his bag he's too young for.
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD View Post
    Thirteen is definitely too young for him to be wearing girlie thongs.
    I didn't start till I was twenty, but times have changed so maybe 15-16 would be about right these days.

Sit him down and explain that the thong will inhibit testicular development and he'll be glad in later life if he waits awhile.
    Til then a little eye makeup and a training bra should keep him occupied safely.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Lounge   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene View Post
    And just for the information of the higher uppy interleligent people among us, I'm actually pretty good at this parent type stuff so ner
    Jonno
    You can be as good as gold, Jon-it is not a matter of talent, but one of propriety.

Retain your good graces with the children, and keep your powder dry for the type of guidance and advice that'll be needed down the road.

I've done all this, wrong, as well as right.

Believe me.

On a less serious note, and as to the actual offense, I propose you offer him a high-five when Nik isn't around, with the caution it is on the basis of the thong, but not the alcohol.

Sort of a bifurcated congratulations, you see...and yes, the basement is a terrific idea.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #18
    uhh did you guys mean fags as in cigerattes?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I propose you offer him a high-five when Nik isn't around, with the caution it is on the basis of the thong, but not the alcohol.
    How very liberal of you, Kev.
    Outing the lad as a cross-dresser is nowhere near as bad as a pubescent drinking habit.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD View Post
    Thirteen is definitely too young for him to be wearing girlie thongs.
    I didn't start till I was twenty, but times have changed so maybe 15-16 would be about right these days.

Sit him down and explain that the thong will inhibit testicular development and he'll be glad in later life if he waits awhile.
    Til then a little eye makeup and a training bra should keep him occupied safely.

Also it might be an idea to talk about colour co-ordination - red might not be his best colour.

Nikki

Two weeks misery for the alcamahol sounds about right.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast