Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Never pay for File Sharing?

I pay a site £1 (87c) a month and I get all films, music, programs, the lot. Dont mind paying that!

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    All I can say is good luck to those that want to use p2p. I also have been down that road and just love sitting on a tracker for weeks to get a 100 meg file. Also in UK many ISP's limit your usage both up and down. Therefore BT becomes even less attractive. I want a 4 Gig DVD on BT that means 8 gig usage to include my up and down share ratio. My ISP restricts to 50 gig per month. It is a no brainer usenet wins.

I would also just like to say hi to the forum....

Cheerio

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Jimi...'s Avatar Mister Subtle
    Hi Broadsword, welcome to the forums. Let's all point and laugh at the P2P users.

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ctane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK View Post
    Just one seed is all it needs on usenet...
    i was quoting bit torrent that you would need many seeds to max connection not everyone has fast upload compared to a usenet bot
    I was agreeing with you.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    Newsgroups are worth every penny a full DVD in 3 hours compared to 3 days on torrents.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    SELF ******
    For me its not just speed, its fast releases, different content, security, and best of all no uploading or begging for tracker invites

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Floyd View Post
    For me its not just speed, its fast releases, different content, security, and best of all no uploading or begging for tracker invites
    Agreed , i've found of releases on there before any torrent sites .
    If you look in right groups you know wot i mean

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    don't do it!
    I would never go back to free "P2P" filesharing apps, ngs are a lot more reliable and quicker... Plus the ngs community is more helpful than any other...

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi... View Post
    Hi Broadsword, welcome to the forums. Let's all point and laugh at the P2P users.
    I use p2p aswell, but only when I have to. I am registerred on 4 torrent trackers and having a share ratio above 1.0 on all. I also take stuff from usenet and share on torrents as well as posting in my favourite NG. Man I so good I should have a halo! All this on a 384kbs upload and 8meg download.

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    Jimi...'s Avatar Mister Subtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi... View Post
    I use p2p aswell, but only when I have to. I am registerred on 4 torrent trackers and having a share ratio above 1.0 on all. I also take stuff from usenet and share on torrents as well as posting in my favourite NG. Man I so good I should have a halo! All this on a 384kbs upload and 8meg download.
    I would stop using P2P to be honest, will get you into a lot of trouble one of these days.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast