Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring me up to speed - please!

Wow, some of the responses I received to my query were not only unhelpful but rather insulting. What gives? I asked the question on this forum because I thought I would get an informed answer here. If you apparently have the time to respond, but not answer the question, why not direct me to a place to learn the answers. I don't have a lot of time to spend on the web and was only hoping that someone might enlighten me. Apparently this is not the site for this kind of free interchange of knowledge. I am appreciative of those who supported my attempts to learn something, but I'm unfortunately still at square one regarding the answers I was looking for. For those of you other smug assholes who think that the knowledge you've acquired gives you a false sense of superiority from which you demean others, you are woefully pathetic and sad and not worth listening to.
    Last edited by splatfish; 08-19-2006 at 03:30 AM.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    hey splatfish, you havn't missed THAT MUCH, private torrents are becoming popular, and newsgroups are becoming more common, got more questions about indepth material? Just ask, we are here to help...dont let people bring you down on here like that colt guy, he is just one of the few fags we got on here.

Welcome To FST splatfish!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Hey thanks man. I've gotta go but if it's O.K. with you, I will be back to tap your knowlege and I sincelely appreciate your welcoming spirit.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by splatfish View Post
    I've been busy and apparently not hip to what's going on in the web file sharing world for the last 6 months. All of a sudden - maybe I was clueless before - there are all these private sites that require invites to access. Is this some geeky sort of high school clique thing or is this because of fear of prosecution due to copywrite laws. I am obviously out of the loop but would like to understand what has been driving this change in the net world.
    I think the idea behind private sites is to get rid of "hit and runners" and "leechers", if you don't keep up your "ratio" by uploading as much as you've downloaded then you'll get banned.

ps, the speeds on these sites are far far superior to public ones because of the ratio rule.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by splatfish View Post
    Wow, some of the responses I received to my query were not only unhelpful but rather insulting. What gives? I asked the question on this forum because I thought I would get an informed answer here. If you apparently have the time to respond, but not answer the question, why not direct me to a place to learn the answers. I don't have a lot of time to spend on the web and was only hoping that someone might enlighten me. Apparently this is not the site for this kind of free interchange of knowledge. I am appreciative of those who supported my attempts to learn something, but I'm unfortunately still at square one regarding the answers I was looking for. For those of you other smug assholes who think that the knowledge you've acquired gives you a false sense of superiority from which you demean others, you are woefully pathetic and sad and not worth listening to.
    Yeah, i'll come round and wipe your arse for you as well.

Oh and that other arse clown who dug up a thread I started donkeys ago, there was no one in the uk selling them AT that time.

I'm not saying asking questions is wrong, which some of you appear to have interpreted it as, more the fact that being a lazy kuntiod and expecting people to fill you in on the entire bit torrent scene without lifting a finger and doing some reading on the subject may enlighten you more than just hey can someone come round and wipe my botty for me please? I'M YET ANOTHER STUPID FAT LAZY CUNT who dont have time to do any reading cos i'm too busy stuffing cheese burgers up my arse.

Arse bandits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12