Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Israel and Lebanon seem to agree to cease-fire...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...but Nabi Bari says no.

Who's running the show in Lebanon?

Hezbollah, I think.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Wrong again.

Hezbollah have agreed to the ceasefire, but won't implement it unless Israel conform to the ceasefire conditions.

However, Israel say they won't leave Lebanon yet, which is part of the ceasefire conditions.

I really don't understand why you continually post half-truths. We are all capable of reading what is actually being said, we don't need your distorted viewpoint.

Even foxnews managed to get it right.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Wrong again.

Hezbollah have agreed to the ceasefire, but won't implement it unless Israel conform to the ceasefire conditions.

However, Israel say they won't leave Lebanon yet, which is part of the ceasefire conditions.

I really don't understand why you continually post half-truths. We are all capable of reading what is actually being said, we don't need your distorted viewpoint.

Even foxnews managed to get it right.

You've missed something.

I will assume you already know who Nabi Bari is in order to inform you he successfully importuned the Lebanese Government not to convene the ratifying session; Hezbollah has had second thoughts, apparently.

I'll leave you to speculate as to the 'why' of this, while I await an actual, verifiable ceasefire.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Once again, you are wrong, the ceasefire plan was ratified on Saturday.
    What was cancelled was a meeting about the deployment of the 15000 troops.

Considering the relative proportions of the population, I think you've got a nerve suggesting Hezbollah should not have some influence when the Jewish influence on your own government is so immense.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Considering the relative proportions of the population, I think you've got a nerve suggesting Hezbollah should not have some influence when the Jewish influence on your own government is so immense.
    I never suggested Hezbollah should have "no influence"; they have elected representatives in Lebanon, after all.

However, they are a wee minority there, and are wielding influence and military force out of all proportion to their elected standing, having effectively supplanted the Lebanese government.

Last I looked, the "Jewish influence" hasn't got it's own militia in the U.S.

I think any reasonable person would weigh these facts and say your point has blunted itself, and effectively, too.

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Errm, I think your point was that the ceasefire was not being ratified.

Want to explain those "facts" again?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Errm, I think your point was that the ceasefire was not being ratified.
    Wrong again-this was my point:

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    ...but Nabi Bari says no.

Who's running the show in Lebanon?

Hezbollah, I think.
    Let's watch the process and see how it goes...

I'm betting Israel won't be the one to break the agreement, but I'm likewise quite sure that it will be broken.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Well, the Lebanese parliament decided to send their army down South, and have agreed that they will be the only force with arms down south..

Apparently, it seems, Hizbollah will not leave the south and not drop arms, but will "leave them at home" in the south, therefor they will still be armed but not use them in the south..

I doubt it very much, these prats probably will still use them under the nose of the Lebanese forces.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Nice to see an international force stepping in before things got much worse.

Good to see France stepping up to the plate too (I feel much more confident with Europe in charge of maintaining peace than I would if it were America attempting to do the same).

Frustrating to see the Lebanese people come off worse from this conflict. Whilst I appreciate that Israel suffers at the hands of the Arabs it always seems a little unbalanced when Israel unleashes it's massive military force against their much poorer and ill equipped neighbours.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    And here's the same question: What is Israel meant to do then? Just because the ones attacking us are using shitty arms, means we can't attack back at full strength?? You must understand, that unlike the Arab countries, there is only 1 Jewish state, and Israel doesn't step up and beat the hell out of people trying to hurt us, we shall disappear off the face of the earth.

That's why the next time Hizbollah attack us, Israel should send out 1 huge warning saying we shall raise to the ground every single house with arms or rockets being lanched from it, and if the people living there don't move, tough shit - you let those assholes build their bunkers from your house, you pay for it. So next time, no ground force will be needed, just attack any building which is being used as a place to launch attacks from, and let the bastards suffocate in their own bunkers, and that is how it should end.
    It's sad that that's how it should be done but there is no other way to attack a guerilla organization which keeps trying to kill off the Jews. They didn't even give out warnings they were going to attack a certain place, unlike Israel, and although they claimed to be targeting only IDF bases, they killed some 40 civilians... screw them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast