Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bt Fishing Scam!!

Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fester32 View Post
    lol, no problem. I have seen what you say about 'personal number'
    What personal number? I have never given, been asked to give or would give my account details to ANYONE on the internet. I have never seen this with a torrent site.
    IN DDLscene.org
    they wanted my personal number from me to start downloading that's why I am wondering why they wanted it for. (yes I made a misstake here)

I wrote a letter to them asking for just that and I also wrote that I am aware of the security risks of sending that information i sended the PM 15/8 and the day after 16/8 the site was closed....

I can just hope they don't try anything with that information becouse I don't want hackers playing with my bank account or something.

But hopfully it was a BIG joke now I have to go to bed (working tomorrow).

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by smaugur View Post
    IN DDLscene.org
    they wanted my personal number from me to start downloading that's why I am wondering why they wanted it for. (yes I made a misstake here)

I wrote a letter to them asking for just that and I also wrote that I am aware of the security risks of sending that information i sended the PM 15/8 and the day after 16/8 the site was closed....

I can just hope they don't try anything with that information becouse I don't want hackers playing with my bank account or something.

But hopfully it was a BIG joke now I have to go to bed (working tomorrow).
    done here pretty fast while you were sleeping
    now go and check your bank account
    yout turn now to act
    by that time i'll be in the plane to **** isles

j/k (in case the money could have really gone)

i used to use ddlscene as well a while ago but they fucked up a few times and i gave up on that site
    i don't remember being asked for any kind of numbers
    Last edited by zizaziz; 08-17-2006 at 12:54 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    LOL@thread

that T&C, User Agreement or whatever you may call it is just another case of copy and paste. no need for cause of alarm. is has been used out of exhaustion for quite some time.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by zizaziz View Post
    I don't remember being asked for any kind of numbers
    This worries me...

Why did they do that before?

I mean ofcourse the site had the same login procedure when you register a account on some places so hackers can't use a Bruteforce technic to fix a list of accounts.

I am talking about when you have to write letters from a picture manually in combination with your login and pass.

It's a part of the security procedure.

But why do they want me to wite my personal number to them?
    And why do they want it so bad so I can't download if i don't do it?

I really don't know why, A trick from FBI perhaps? and then they just check with my ISP?

I know they have set up false FTP servers with warez to fool people but it was a long time ago i read about that.
    Last edited by smaugur; 08-17-2006 at 04:28 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    dude we...I mean they must be scamming you

I wouldn't worry about it isn't the number letter combo thing fairly standard practice to make sure your human. and generaly it's a random combo everytime.

why would the FBI wan't you to enter the number each time? just by entering the site and downloading the torrent and then the file they have all the proof they need to bust you.

And just to clear this up do you have a pin ontop of your password? or does it ask you to enter a different set of numbers each time? and do you have to enter this number everytime you download a torrent? or just when you log on?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    mentalist!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123