Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bt Fishing Scam!!

hahahaha at "fishing"

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    nothing wrong with the site, or the user agreement. they simply started the site source code over again, due to many bugs.

the $1000 a month fee, is for those who want to use it for a commercial basis. but ur not using it for that, so who cares.

also, that user agreement is OLD. from the original tb source. nowhere do they/will they ask u to pay.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by notlucky View Post
    hahahaha at "fishing"
    Yes I know a time when i could write english better then now
    It was like 10 years ago LOL!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    nothing wrong with the site, or the user agreement. they simply started the site source code over again, due to many bugs.

the $1000 a month fee, is for those who want to use it for a commercial basis. but ur not using it for that, so who cares.

also, that user agreement is OLD. from the original tb source. nowhere do they/will they ask u to pay.
    Allright this is interesting...

1.Can you explain why they want peoples personal number to start download torrents on DDLscene.org?

2.And can you explain why they use an old tracker
    who is not in use anymore like www.torrentbits.org ?

3.Can you explain why they change the site all the time?

4.Look at more closely to that agrement and you will understand after searching for dollars on the page that it is a REAL scam! .

5.And yes it is the user agrement you never se but once you click the submit button you have agree to it.

This is from the buttom of the USER agrement.

BY CLICKING ON ANY TORRENT OR LINK TO INDICATE "I ACCEPT," BY ACCESSING AND BROWSING THIS WEBSITE, OR BY SENDING US AN E-MAIL OR OTHER COMMUNICATION, WHETHER DIRETLY OR INDIRECTLY, YOU ARE ASSERTING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THIS USER AGREEMENT, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS USER AGREEMENT, AND THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO ASSENT TO BE BOUND TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS PRESENTED IN THIS USER AGREEMENT. CONTINUED ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THESE TERMS IS A CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND IS REQUIRED FOR YOUR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE.

I am sorry but I have to say you are SO WRONG!

Are you hosting the scam site perhaps?!?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Do you understand that that is the exact user agreement you'll find on the sites using the torrentbits source (which is basically all of them) ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikechikin View Post
    Do you understand that that is the exact user agreement you'll find on the sites using the torrentbits source (which is basically all of them) ?
    Whait hmm do you mean that the torrentbits.org was a scam site and that's why they don't exist any more and that many other tracker's just use their sourcecode even if it still have the same scamtext?!?
    LOL!!!!

1.Well as long as a site have that scamtext int their user agreement i will NOT sign up!

2.And that still not explain why DDLscene.org wanted the personal number in the profile to be able to start downloading.

And it dosen't explain why they are changing sites all the time to.

Yes I think it's time to check the user agreement before anyone signs up on any BT site.
    Last edited by smaugur; 08-16-2006 at 09:54 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    fester32's Avatar Big daft buggar
    1.Well as long as a site have that scamtext int their user agreement i will NOT sign up!
    This may interest you then. Would you say that one of the most elite torrent sites on the net is also scamming?
    Here is a quote from scenetorrents.org which is also running on torrentbits source code.

Quote:
    BY CLICKING ON ANY TORRENT OR LINK TO INDICATE "I ACCEPT," BY ACCESSING AND BROWSING THIS WEBSITE, OR BY SENDING US AN E-MAIL OR OTHER COMMUNICATION, WHETHER DIRETLY OR INDIRECTLY, YOU ARE ASSERTING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THIS USER AGREEMENT, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS USER AGREEMENT, AND THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO ASSENT TO BE BOUND TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS PRESENTED IN THIS USER AGREEMENT. CONTINUED ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THESE TERMS IS A CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND IS REQUIRED FOR YOUR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE.

It even has the same spelling mistakes!!

This is also exactly the same on torrent-damage.net, dididave.com, revolutiontt.net, and demonoid.com which are just a few of the sites I have quickly checked.
    Are these all scamming sites too?

The fact is that 9 out of 10 torrent sites use the torrentbits source code and modify it to their own particular needs. The user agreement/ terms&conditions are EXACTLY the same on any of these sites.
    Anybody can get hold of this code, get a host and start their own torrent site.
    Why dont you try it? Here is a link to the code:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~zjuul
    Get that running and you too can run a scamming torrent site
    If you aren't going to sign up to any sites which use this then you aren't going to sign up to many.
    Last edited by fester32; 08-16-2006 at 10:21 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by fester32 View Post
    This may interest you then. Would you say that one of the most elite torrent sites on the net is also scamming?
    Here is a quote from scenetorrents.org which is also running on torrentbits source code.

Quote:

It even has the same spelling mistakes!!

This is also exactly the same on torrent-damage.net, dididave.com, revolutiontt.net, and demonoid.com which are just a few of the sites I have quickly checked.
    Are these all scamming sites too?

The fact is that 9 out of 10 torrent sites use the torrentbits source code and modify it to their own particular needs. The user agreement/ terms&conditions are EXACTLY the same on any of these sites.
    Anybody can get hold of this code, get a host and start their own torrent site.
    Why dont you try it? Here is a link to the code:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~zjuul
    Get that running and you too can run a scamming torrent site
    If you aren't going to sign up to any sites which use this then you aren't going to sign up to many.

Yes I just checked it out myself LOOOOL!!!!!

Damn allright it feels better to know that I don't need to worry about that DDLscene.org thing then I was about to Go to the police with all the information I fixed about that site and tell them about the scam LOL!

But if they are hacking my bank account or doing something else with my personal number I will go directly to the police and help them track down the source.

Good to have you guys here explaining everything without you I would waste my time talking with the Police about a BT site.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    fester32's Avatar Big daft buggar
    lol, no problem. I have seen what you say about 'personal number'
    What personal number? I have never given, been asked to give or would give my account details to ANYONE on the internet. I have never seen this with a torrent site.

I have just visited ddlscene to have a look at their signup and try and see any problems but on the homepage you get this message:
    Due to the amount of bugs in our sourcecode, we have chosen to upgrade to a later version.........

And if you click to signup you get this error:
    Not Found
    The requested URL /signup.php was not found on this server.

The site seems to pretty screwed up at the moment.
    Last edited by fester32; 08-16-2006 at 10:48 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    j0hn I am sorry for thinking that you would run a scam site I truly am.

A tip:
    Just explain a little bit more and there will be no missunderstandings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast