Thread: A Movie With No Picture But Only Sound....

Poster
    Ok,I had downloaded and kept this movie on the computer fir about a month or so,when I first watched the movie,everything was working well,the picture was there,and the sound was there too.But now,when I tried to play it,I get a blank grey screen with only the sound,I've tried playing it in evey player,but nothing works,Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Missing sound or missing video equals missing codec(s). Try K-Lite Codec Pack exclusively.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    I have downloaded the k-lite codecs even before this problem occured,Do I have to do anything else other than just downloading the codecs?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by human_pet@5 May 2003 - 11:44
    I have downloaded the k-lite codecs even before this problem occured,Do I have to do anything else other than just downloading the codecs?
    Just make sure you uninstall your old codecs before installing K-Lite Codec Pack to avoid conflicts.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Yeah,One more thing,Before this problem occured,I had tried to burn it to a cd,I used Nero to burn it,but I saw that I was encoding the movie,and i heard it took a long time for Nero to encode movies,so I immedietly cancell the process,does this have any thing to do with the problem?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Have you tried to play it with "Media Player Classic"??

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    when i downloaded the new klite i also downloaded the new codec pack i got the same grey screen but sound on many of my movie . so i tried uninstall on new codec . it played but it was a picture and no sound . finally i installed the old klite code and everything works great.only thing i could figure out is the new klite must come with some kind of codec that new codec you download must conflict with. so try using the old codec and see if it will work 4 u . it fixed my proble B) B)