Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learnbits.org hacked

n00b
    am a memebr of learnbits.org we were recently hacked i think twice even guys took every upload torrents we had to start from scratch.
    Guys be on the lookout i thot i could neva happen but it did.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I've heard about this going on. Someone out there has a beef with torrent sites.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    nadeem111as's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    ya i heard acoubt it
    they lost huge no of torrent

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    That's sad to hear

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    that is sad to hear. Hope they bounce back up anyway

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    This is getting out of hand, unless you're the RIAA what have you got against Torrent sites?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanUnisil View Post
    This is getting out of hand, unless you're the RIAA what have you got against Torrent sites?
    Most of the sites brought down in the last few months were done by disgruntled ex-staff.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Most of the sites brought down in the last few months were done by disgruntled ex-staff.
    Ha ha go figure. Shows why they had to get rid of them. They're not trustworthy! I just think it's a shame though. What a waste of talent.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post

Ha ha go figure. Shows why they had to get rid of them. They're not trustworthy! I just think it's a shame though. What a waste of talent.
    I think that before mnaking such a sweeping statement, one should wonder why the staff may be disgruntled.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    wanderlust's Avatar Old Grumpy
    In these days, we should all be cooperating, not in-fighting, and it is sad to see anyone, whether disgruntled ex-members, rival sites, or moody geeks take down sites for revenge or simply fun.
    Most of the sites recently attacked were smaller private sites, run by guys interested in torrenting for guys interested in torrenting. No commercial interest involved anywhere.
    Of course these sites are easy targets compared to the commercial ones who have the funds to pay for the latest in security design from the professionals.

It has meant that those sites that are honourable are, however, brought closer together as they give mutual aid to the coders of the sites to try to prevent repeat attacks, and those suspected of misbehaviour become excluded.
    Because of this mutual cooperation it is hitting other maliefactors such as cheats and Hit&Runners as sites exchange details about these.

Yes, Learnbits.org was takenn down, but the end result was better for all users in that the new build is more secure, and cooperation between learning sites has been greatly improved. After all it is not a competition - there is plenty room for us all. It was gratifying to see the users at Learnbits club together to get as many of the torrents that they could back up as soon as they could, so we could carry on as if nothing had happened...... Thanks to those both inside and outside of LearnBits who helped, you will know who you are....

As for invites, - I have nothing against posting invites, but just bear in mind that if you give out invites to peeps you don't know, at least by reputation, you risk your own account at these sites too. If you invite a gross leecher or cheat, or malicious user to a site of which you are a user, you risk being banned too when (not if) they are caught out. It would be an ideal world if you could trust everyone that posted here and on other sites, but unfortunately, that is not the case, and in general, the more malicious the malefactor, the nicer he will appear to you until it is too late !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast