Thread: Laptop LCD monitor question

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    There is a VGA input on the side of my laptop, and I was wondering if I could use the laptop's monitor to work on another comp so to speaks, as in hook up a dekstop computer with VGA cables to my laptop and use the LCD display that the laptop has to do work on the desktop computer (as in not using the laptop at all, just the laptop's monitor/display)

I plugged in the VGA cable to the laptop and the desktop in question but when I turn the laptop on, it wont let me choose which computer to display on the monitor, it just goes on normally like I didn't plug in the VGA cable at all, there are no switches next to the input for the VGA on the laptop either.

I have no idea where the manuals are but I'll look tonite, but if anyone knows how to use the laptop's monitor for other purposes please let me know, why else would it have a VGA input (ya input not out).

specs:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...05&catid=24193

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I never heard of someone wanting to do that. I've heard the opposite. Using the notebook & a desktop monitor. Afaik that VGA input only works that way.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Thanks, ya I guess that's what the VGA input is for my bad

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    um, you do mean output, don't you?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yeah, laptop VGA ports are generally always output only, so you can work using a larger desktop screen etc.