Thread: SmitFraudFix v2.81

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Having trouble removing one of the new spyware programs ?

Easy Fix For Spyware and Virus Alert

If you have been getting a warning that says you have spyware or a virus from a pop up by the clock, then you have what is called Smitfraud. Your homepage is also likely to have changed to one that says spyware has been detected and you can't change it to what you want it to be. Maybe a new program called SpywareSheriff, SpywareQuake, SpyFalcon, or something you have not heard of before is now on your computer .

Link : http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix_En.php

An article here on how it works , updated definitions Aug.6 2006 .

http://securityticker.blogspot.com/2...rus-alert.html

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    I got the "SpywareQuake" virus on my school laptop, which dont have a decent AV, and I got rid of it by using HijackThis.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ya HijackThis is good if you know what your doing . This is really easy to use, its nice to have tools that are simple for the noobs . Of course you have to run an Antispyware program in conjunction with it to completely remove the threat.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    Yeh your right, you got to know what your doing when using HijackThis or it can go very wrong. When the school gave us the laptops it came with Sophos that didn't update. Until I got the virus I didn't do much about it, but after that I installed ZA and Nod32. Normally I have Antispyware such as Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D, but I don't want to install too many things on this laptop seeing as its not mine but I always have a portable version of both handy