Thread: Starforce nightmare

Hi!
    I have downloaded starforce nightmare because I would like to play to GT legends my dvd.
    The problem is, when I launch SFN nothing happen, I don't understand.
    It's nothing, no problem is created, just nothing.
    So I would like to be able to launch SFnightmare, if somebody could give me a help it would be grate!
    Thanks
    ps:sorry for any mistakes , English is not my native language.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its not loading ? Mabye you burnt a coaster, and don't worry about your english we understand you fine .

A simple Google brings you this :

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Starfo...S:ohmy:fficial

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    In first thanks for your answer so speedly!
    But I am not lucky because the search on google gived me no result. I think there are lot of problems with starforce, so the problem with starforce nightmare are unknown.
    If you have an other solution, I will be happy to learn this.
    Thanks

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Your welcome , have you tryed disabling IDE drives as one of the forums suggests ? And then mounting with Daemon Tools .

I'll defer to other members hopefully you'll get it sorted . Welcome by the way Aston630.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thank you peat moss.
    You suggest me to disable IDE drives, I known this solution but I try and I have no success with, I'm afraid to brake something. Can you explain to me how realise the operation please?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    gjdunga's Avatar Upgrading to Azureus
    To Remove the Other IDE Drives, you can do this two ways:

--IN BIOS--
    At the Bios Screen
    [ When the computer first boots, there's a message that will say something like press del for setup.. Press that, and you will go into the BIOS Setup.. (AKA CMOS)

DISABLE any other Cd-rom drives. Save & Reboot

Re-enable when your done playing so you can use the drives again

--IN HARDWARE--

!!Turn off your computer.. !!
    Open up your case and Take the Wide 40 pin grey cable that plugs into your other cdrom drives and "Unplug" it..

Play your games..

Reinstall the cable when your done playing your game.. Again, make sure your computer is unplugged and off when you do this..

FYI:
    You May have other software installed that Starforce is seeing.. These are sometimes called high filter drivers..

If you have any other kind of copyprotection workaround software installed, you may want to un-install it.

Example: I had a program that used "GEAR SECURITY" as a high filter for one of my cdrom drivers.. It wouldn't let me use alchol 120% to get a clean copy of my disc or to play my games.. I had to remove it before it would let me do so..

GD
    -----------------------------------------
    It's Worse than you Think.
    They are out to get you....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thank you, really thank you, your advices are in gold! I'm going to try that, I hope it's the end of the nightmare!
    Thanks again.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    enjoy_with_me's Avatar PriSon BrEaKer BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    many thnx .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I have used the second solution and it works very fine!
    It's a little boring to do the operation all the times, but it's wonderful, this game is so grate!
    Thanks