Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony releases 50 gb Dual layer Blu-ray disks

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    It's been an industry non-secret that manufacturers have had an easier time making dual-layer HD DVD discs than dual layer Blu-ray discs. Hence, 30GB dual-layer HD DVD media have already been on the market, beating the single layer 25GB Blu-ray discs by five whole gigabytes. But now Blu-ray has the last laugh as Sony finally gets the 50GB dual-layer Blu-ray discs onto hands of US consumers.

Source: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadge...scs-194746.php

Homepage: http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_ro...ase/24099.html

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    What do you think about the $1 per gig

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by weendune View Post
    What do you think about the $1 per gig

The price will come down but ya seems high . Its that what their selling for ?

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Poster
    50 bucks? Are you serious tell me your jokin, thats way to high, i rather buy a decent 360 game with that kind of cash

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by neotheone View Post
    50 bucks? Are you serious tell me your jokin, thats way to high, i rather buy a decent 360 game with that kind of cash

I'd rather put the money towards a external hdd. for that . I googled but can't find a price for the disk . Anyone else have a link ?

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Ya, it's quite expensive. With that money i would buy a pack of 150 good DVD+R (~650GB) or a 80GB new HD...
    I think this gives us an idea of how much time the DVD's will stay (rule) in the market

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodygard View Post
    Ya, it's quite expensive. With that money i would buy a pack of 150 good DVD+R (~650GB) or a 80GB new HD...
    I think this gives us an idea of how much time the DVD's will stay (rule) in the market
    I'd rather save it for university. Only kidding but i suppose i would get a HDD.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Fulanito's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18

Cool

Sony Real kicked everybodies ass very deep..

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    that is high but all things new on the market are very pricey, hell the burners are $700. give it about 6 to 8 months and the single layer 25 gig disks will be down to a $2 a piece or less. currently you can get a 50 pack of DVD-+R for $15 or less = 225 gig and not crap off brands either. this price of $15 is for SONY or HP, I like SONY, they stood the test of time unlike some of the others I've used, Memorex, Maxell, Verbatim, offbrand names to many to count. I prefer DVDRW so it's a little more, like 2.66x more, 0.80 per disk compared to 0.30 per disk

TDK aren't bad either but like all companies it depends on what factory is assembling them not what name is sprayed on the outside. One pack of disks can be fine while another identical pack made by a different factory can be crap and the only way to tell the difference is by using a DVD identifier which means bying the disks, opening the package and scanning, not something you want to have to do with every pack a disks you buy. So you have to find the company that has high standards for all factories they use. So far Sony and HP with a couple others have been the best.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    i could store my hard drive in it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast