Thread: New to the site and filled with questions

ok i have a load of amazing stupid questions starting with, i have heard very little about edonkey, is it a Bt Client, or is this a stupid question?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    edonkey connects to the edonkey network. It's also financed by adware so use the ad-free alternative emule if you must.
    Shareaza connects to the edonkay network but also connects to gnutella (limewire, frostwire) and gnutella2, so use that instead. It's completely free of adware/spyware/malware too.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    No edonkey isn't strictly a bittorrent client even though it does support bittorrent downloads. If your going to use just bittorrent go with Utorrent, easy to use and low on resources.

Welcome to the community and remember the only stupid thing that you can do is have a question and not ask!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by dml View Post
    No edonkey isn't strictly a bittorrent client even though it does support bittorrent downloads. If your going to use just bittorrent go with Utorrent, easy to use and low on resources.

Welcome to the community and remember the only stupid thing that you can do is have a question and not ask!
    Actually doesnt it go like this.

The stupid question is the one you don't ask!!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans