Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring me up to speed - please!

I've been busy and apparently not hip to what's going on in the web file sharing world for the last 6 months. All of a sudden - maybe I was clueless before - there are all these private sites that require invites to access. Is this some geeky sort of high school clique thing or is this because of fear of prosecution due to copywrite laws. I am obviously out of the loop but would like to understand what has been driving this change in the net world.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    Private trackers usually give the user more protection than public ones, but nonetheless the invite only idea is because the trackers have reached a maximum user limit, to avoid too much server load. Also by using invites, the invited members are ones that are trusted and will help seed a lot, seeing as if they don't the person that invited them usually gets warning/banned as well.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    n00b BT Rep: +2
    I had the same thing happen to me , i havent been on in a few months and all of a sudden there are these private servers Im like wtf? Thanks for giving us the info.

mike

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by splatfish View Post
    I've been busy and apparently not hip to what's going on in the web file sharing world for the last 6 months. All of a sudden - maybe I was clueless before - there are all these private sites that require invites to access. Is this some geeky sort of high school clique thing or is this because of fear of prosecution due to copywrite laws. I am obviously out of the loop but would like to understand what has been driving this change in the net world.
    Do your own reasearch you lazy basturd!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    If everybody did their own research there would be no point for sites like these.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    prob a little of both

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    @colt seevers

Dont be harsh man....at the end of the day forum sites make big chunks of paragraphs and stuff like that easy to understand becasue members break it down for you!! If he did research trust me he would be going on reading a lot of rubbish on net!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    No, he's just a lazy SOB.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post
    No, he's just a lazy SOB.
    It seems your a lazy cunt as well

"Does anyone know any retailers in UK that are selling them yet?"

Go google it you lazy cunt before you go about calling others SOBs
    Last edited by nanotek; 08-18-2006 at 07:53 PM.
    Open your mind

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    he'd have a hard time googling for an answer to the questions he's asked i rec. Private sites like to be anonymous, and no doubt some results may pull up some random thread from a random site that tells you to google and thus going around in circles.

at the end of the day, a forum such as this one is here to help each other and be a great community. We were all newbies once and i highly doubt you never asked a question on a forum before Colt Seevers!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast