Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Issues

HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    for the transmission do a full tune up and like zapjb said use the lucas brand there the best, but it might be a hassle to do it your self if you dont have the machine to do it.

For the stalling do what chewie uk told you also check the carburator it might be cracked and letting in some air

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    carburator, i believe its fuel injection... but thanks for all the tips guys. Oh the oil is the right color, but the tranny fluid isn't bright red, more of a dull brownish red

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    So have you had any luck yet with the car?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    carburator, i believe its fuel injection... but thanks for all the tips guys. Oh the oil is the right color, but the tranny fluid isn't bright red, more of a dull brownish red

not the carburator, sorry i meant the throtle body

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    So have you had any luck yet with the car?
    Can't really do anything yet, its pouring out for like the nth day in a row here, and I have no money til friday, however my spedometer/odemeter are now on the fritz, so I have a good shot its all electrical.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    You never did mention how you put the fire out....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    fire extinguisher, I went down the dirt road, got to the house, went oh shit that s a lot of smoke, and some dude ran out with a fire extinguisher. I went over the mechanic yesterday to have a little talk about what to do, he said my best bet on my own was to start taping up all the wires and repair the burnt insulation, if that doesn't fix anything, its gonna be a few 100 bucks to repair provided the shorts haven't fucked anything else up.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    might cost you more to fix up this car then just get another used car

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Well I'm really hoping to get lucky and either have it be a cheap quick fix, or something I can do myself... which would be a hell of a lot easier if every person I talked to didn't have a totally different plan and opinion on the matter.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    I don't know if you said how long the fire was burning before you put it out, but I imagion that it could have distroyed the temper in all the metal parts of the engine. in otherwords, it is entirely possable that the manefolds, heads, hell, even the block are in danger of cracking and leaking in the future. as I see it, you have three options-
    1- fix the current problems and hope that no more come up but run the risk of nickel and dimeing yourself to death
    2- replace the entire engine, wiring harness and tranny
    3- look for a different vehical- if you start looking now while the other is still running, you don't have to something right away- you can wait till a really good deal comes along, rather than wait until you are out of transportaion and have to buy the first overpriced thing that comes your way.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast