Thread: Bit torrent ettiqutte

Hey peeps,

Hope you can help a noob out here. I'm completely new to bit torrents and torrent websites. I've managed to get invited to a couple of private sites. I understand that to maintain admission to these sites you need to keep up a high ratio. So, am i correct in assuming that if i upload more than i download, i will keep a good ratio?

Are there any pointers you guys can give me?

Thanks

John

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    i think ratio>1 is ok. it means at least : your dl=your up

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Johnaffinity View Post
    So, am i correct in assuming that if i upload more than i download, i will keep a good ratio?
    Bonus points for you! yes you would be correct!

Try your best to stick to your above mentioned quote for any torrents you download and you should be fine. Of course the downside to this is you have to leave you PC on like 24/7 giving back what you take. Also this depeneds on how much you download, and how good your upload speed is.

Have fun

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Most sites use a sensible approach to ratio as they know its impossible for everyone to seed to 1:1. Some are harsher than others but as long as you don't restrict your upload speed and seed either to 1:1 or for at least 72 hours you should be OK.

If you have the hdd capacity keep it seeding as long as you can. I'm still seeding something I downloaded 5 weeks ago so the ratio of over 4 on that one file compensates for what I haven't been able to upload on others.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Just upload at least what you download and you will be fine.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cubeman's Avatar The Cubeman
    The idea to share as much as you receive so as long as you maintain a 1.0 ratio you will be find and never have to worry.

Hey peeps,

Hope you can help a noob out here. I'm completely new to bit torrents and torrent websites. I've managed to get invited to a couple of private sites. I understand that to maintain admission to these sites you need to keep up a high ratio. So, am i correct in assuming that if i upload more than i download, i will keep a good ratio?

Thanks

John

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    good bit torrent ettiquete is also reading the sitckies in the forums since you can learn alot of the indivual rules that certain sites have and this way ite will keep you from getting disabled at the site for breaking them.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Some sites ban you if you mention its url outside onto forum sites so you should be careful what you mention of the site. Also trading invites discreetely between users is recommended.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    before ya goto bed upload (seed) something that is popular at your maximum upload speed...this will greatly increase your share ratio by the time ya wake up!