Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does any connect to KAD?

Does any connect to KAD? The older emule clients used to crash on my machine when I used to connect, So I never bother.....

I was wondering how popular that network is?
    Last edited by steb; 08-22-2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: fixed mistake: meant "emule" not "edonkey"

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Not all clients use kad. Its almost the same as e2k just u can't use: ()[]{}<>,._-!?:;\/
    Maybe its kind of faster than e2k & results are listed faster

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Yup I use Kad too, things appear faster,

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    emule clients all use kad. Very popular and a great addition. I get a lot of extra sources from the kad network... if you can connect, make sure you do.

You checked your firewall ports if your not connecting? You likely just need to open the kad port (its listed on www.emule-project.net in help)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    KAD FTW

Always connecting to it. Even though one has the Source Exhange when using servers only you won't get all the sources on the KAD network if you aren't connected to it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    I use kad and it's pretty good. Fast and "secure"

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by spamalam View Post
    emule clients all use kad. Very popular and a great addition. I get a lot of extra sources from the kad network... if you can connect, make sure you do.

You checked your firewall ports if your not connecting? You likely just need to open the kad port (its listed on www.emule-project.net in help)
    The most popular emule mod Emule Plus doesn't have Kad as many others also don't have. There are over 200 clients made after emule.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Then try out the other popular emule mod called eMule Morph. Adds in a lot of features with KAD access.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I don't use emule much, but i would use it if i had such emule mod: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t1253...ing+eMule.html
    Don't really understand why soo much mods when none of em has really needed modifications. Direct copies of emule are many when very rare something that is written different. I tryed probably around 50 or more and each i tryed for few time. Kad may be a good idea, but i wonder what happens when u close it, no kad probably. Better to have more servers. Kad uses transport protocol udp on p2p. Kad was made to handle large numbers of computers connected, it was made after napster u might say, but when u on emule every one uses some other client many of em leecher clients and that why and because of other ppls internet and used upload speed emule might be very slow.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I use Kad, things appear safer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast