Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: that new built in autospeed thing for azureus

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Not rly, cause I assume they're on the same network.

When I'm downloading on mine, everyone else's (in the house, on teh network) runs slowly.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Thanks for that.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #53
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    I just use different computers for downloading and browsing.

Would this thing be of any help.
    yes it would help. bo is wrong.

i'm gonna draw a diagram. brb

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Hoi, I didn't say "fact."

fact.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Oh FFS, can somebody post a proper answer.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    meh. fuck a diagram. it's not really possible to draw one.

in order to 'ping' you need a target. google rawks for this because it seems to be spoofed all over the world so you get local quality pings from the URL. it's also kinda unshakable. it never lags and i think it's only over been down one day since the dinosaurs.

presuming all your computers share the internets... there's only one possible ping between you and a specific target on the net.

programs with a higher threshold tend to cannibalise (that the right word?) all the bandwidth, which can be quite useful...

in my house we have one pc on 24/7, running azureus with autospeed set to 80 and the HTML UI plugin. this way. everybody gets to control the torrents over the local network and we don't end up fighting over bandwidth.

however when i want to download stuff i don't want my mam to see . i use the copy of azureus on my PC with the autospeed ping set to 120. because this tolerance is higher than the 24/7 pc. my machine tries to keep the status quo of 120 while the 24/7 drops the speed down to 3k because it can't get the ping down to 80ms.

however, no computer on the network gets a ping much above 120

i shoulda tried the diagram instead

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post

that official built-in is shit. hignore it.

a ping is the ammount of time it takes information to get from your computer to another computer and back.

when you're leeching shitloads, or uploading shitloads. your interweb starts getting like clogged up. when this happens the ping time increases. the quality of your browsidging becomes suck and annoying when your ping starts to go over around 200 milliseconds.

auto speed works by increasing and decreasing you clients download speed to keep you ping hovering around a set speed.

for example. if you set the autospeed ping to 100ms... the autospeed plugin will ping a set website (google) every few seconds. if the ping time goes above about 130ms your upload throttle will automatically decrease by 1k. if it goes below 70 ms, the upload throttle will be increased by 1k.

obvious innit
    Brilliant.

Anyone who didn't understand this explanation is a total glebe beyond imagining.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post

that official built-in is shit. hignore it.

a ping is the ammount of time it takes information to get from your computer to another computer and back.

when you're leeching shitloads, or uploading shitloads. your interweb starts getting like clogged up. when this happens the ping time increases. the quality of your browsidging becomes suck and annoying when your ping starts to go over around 200 milliseconds.

auto speed works by increasing and decreasing you clients download speed to keep you ping hovering around a set speed.

for example. if you set the autospeed ping to 100ms... the autospeed plugin will ping a set website (google) every few seconds. if the ping time goes above about 130ms your upload throttle will automatically decrease by 1k. if it goes below 70 ms, the upload throttle will be increased by 1k.

obvious innit
    Brilliant.

Anyone who didn't understand this explanation is a total glebe beyond imagining.
    Well shave my head and call me glebe. I had to stop at "spoofed" because my brain does not let me go beyond a word / concept I don't understand. That's why I hardly ever finish reading long posts.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    I've got an idea, I don't really need to understand it. I'll ask a series of simple questions.

1. Is this autospeed a good thing.

2. If so, can I download it.

3. If so, where from.

4. Do I then install it and ignore it

or

5. Do I need to switch it on when torrenting.

Thank you.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Just set your maximum upload speed to 80% of your total upload and download speed to 80% of your maximum download speed.

If you know that you'll be leaving your PC on overnight, click the option which sets your upload to max out unless you're also downloading something. Uncheck it when you wanna start browsing again.

You'll always be able to browse with pas de problems.

Good explanation by The but the autospeed thing is pointless.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast