Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soulseek Room

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Well it looks to me people have givin up and just disspeared out of the room and im the only idiot in there right now

3 years of it and now we can say its dead

why doesnt anyone join anymore??

is it the fact you have everything now music wise??

just use torrents now for new music and not bother with old stuff?

what is it

I see when it had 4 people left 3 of those people decided just to say FUCK it and leave the room with the attitude like that it was never going to grow big theres a thing called patience

but my patience is ending very soon with it

Filesharingtalk.com is the room

also noticed this forum is just doesnt get the talk and busniess it once did 3 years ago

anyway 3 years in a bit it looks like its offical soulseek room for filesharingtalk is finished

I missed the days of 3 years ago when we could get 20 people in there talking at once those days never come back I wish they would

2. Music   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I was in there 24/7 pretty much until I went on vacation about 6 weeks ago. But even then there weren't many people in there except for the same 4 or 5 of us. And one of those persons wouldn't even add me to his list. Why the fuck are you even logged on all the time if you don't even want to share??? That's not the reason I stopped logging on, but damn, it was certainly a drop in the bucket.

I stopped because it was the same 4 or 5 people, no growth; very little conversations; and yes, I don't download very much music at all these days unless I want a new album er something.

As far as this forum not getting as much activity, I wouldn't necessarily agree. There are less file-sharing questions these days I think, but I chalk that up to everyone having figured out they like to share and download, and it's not something that half the planet needs help with anymore. We've helped them all!

I mean, the most users ever online here was just 5 months ago and it was almost 1,500 people.

Back to SS though, I still love it and think it's a great place to find the music you want, but I do find that torrent sites are winning me over. Like yesterday for example - The new Pat Green album came out and I went to SS first. The line for the album was 348 if I remember. I went to Demonoid and had it completed in about 5 minutes. Times are changing my friend.

yo

3. Music   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yeah I just got new maiden and black label socitey off the net to share in ss and I remember the days when I would be qued up to hell with people uploading off me lol

very good point about the filesharing questions i guess when I first came here it was kazaa forum and it only had 4 sections lounge problems questions and about this site so it may have looked like it had more activity now with more sections now its not quite as busy

its a good point I think most of us here no what where doing in filesharing and we just dont get the noobs here anymore

I can remember 3 years ago musicworld ful of posts *screeching Mps3* etc etc and we would direct them to soulseek to use

now I guess everybody knows everything and really do their own thing

4. Music   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster View Post

I can remember 3 years ago musicworld ful of posts *screeching Mps3*
    I would have never posted anything like that.

yo

5. Music   -   #5
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    rooms = hubs = servers , u can leech everywhere lol
    I know many friends that use(d) slsk. They were always like allowing only the choosen ones to download, more like sharing with each other and waiting for new users that shared their interests, but those kind of new ppl were rare. Soon new places were found outside slsk and thats where we are now. It was never about sharing programs more like who shared something new. New users that i know released very few albums or nothing for 3 years. Always there are same old ppl that have new music of my interest. We agree and thats why nobody shares or stays. Leechers can't leech and searchers can't find, lets search elsewhere. U have many very good sharing programs that are way better than those really popular ones, but they just didn't make it and nobody knows em & nobody is there but for private sharing u can always find places. People that download everything won't care what they download, whole torrent community is based on that. I never downloaded what is there, i download only what im searching for, but slsk ain't good for that anymore. I never liked slsk when nobody was there that i know.

6. Music   -   #6
    kicker of elves
    Have people just left the room or Soulseek entirely?

I've seen a decline in many of the rooms I visit, yet the filesharing part still seems busy as usual (I'm not userlist-only, so I might notice this more than some here).

7. Music   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    rooms = hubs = servers , u can leech everywhere lol
    I know many friends that use(d) slsk. They were always like allowing only the choosen ones to download, more like sharing with each other and waiting for new users that shared their interests, but those kind of new ppl were rare. Soon new places were found outside slsk and thats where we are now. It was never about sharing programs more like who shared something new. New users that i know released very few albums or nothing for 3 years. Always there are same old ppl that have new music of my interest. We agree and thats why nobody shares or stays. Leechers can't leech and searchers can't find, lets search elsewhere. U have many very good sharing programs that are way better than those really popular ones, but they just didn't make it and nobody knows em & nobody is there but for private sharing u can always find places. People that download everything won't care what they download, whole torrent community is based on that. I never downloaded what is there, i download only what im searching for, but slsk ain't good for that anymore. I never liked slsk when nobody was there that i know.

Thanks for entirely off topic post.

The "room" in question is not a hub or server at all. It's a SS room. Like a chat room within the SS client. They are located in the lower right corner in case you've never payed attention.

yo

8. Music   -   #8
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Offtopic my ass, i quit using slsk long time ago, i though u talking about sharing and downloading music in rooms, u know the things named like indie, u click on em and u see ppls in room.

9. Music   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster View Post
    we just dont get the noobs here anymore
    We actually have more n00b signups now then back then. Just take a look at the Welcome Thread in the Lounge if you want. The difference is where their active. Its no suprise the BT Section is in the top most active sections these days...

10. Music   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    And one of those persons wouldn't even add me to his list. Why the fuck are you even logged on all the time if you don't even want to share??? That's not the reason I stopped logging on, but damn, it was certainly a drop in the bucket.
    I'm guessing you're talking about me, you must have forgotten i did add you to my list. But after you had downloaded about 20 albums from the 30 you queued in one day, i removed you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast