Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Embyonic stem cell research

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4eva View Post
    I can guarantee that human cloning is just one of those fairy tales.
    I hope i am not the only one here that agrees on that matter. Humans and sheep are totally different. Humans are more complex....if cloning was as simple as it was with dolly heck i would have 30 of me working and earning me money.

Sorry.

/coat

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    human clones exist already.

Fact

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Identical twins are genetically .... identical. Well as near it as makes no difference

Actually that's an interesting side issue. How often is one identical twin gay and the other not.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that there are stem cells in fatty tissues on human adults, too.

Could be wrong tho'

And could you elaborate, ilw?

Last I saw, what clones have been produced thus far (Dolly, etc.) still come with some defects. Sounds funky doing that with people when the science isn't exact enough, if it isn't.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Identical twins are genetically .... identical. Well as near it as makes no difference

Actually that's an interesting side issue. How often is one identical twin gay and the other not.
    Our 60 Minutes just did a segment on that very thing, however, I didn't catch much more than that, detail-wise, so it can't be too interesting.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Our 60 Minutes just did a segment on that very thing, however, I didn't catch much more than that, detail-wise, so it can't be too interesting.
    It showed 2 instances of twins (one set identical, one not) of them being gay/straight. The identical twins were in their 20s, the other set were much younger (single digits). One of the younger set had bed netting, play with dolls, and loved pinks. The other boy had G.I.Joe and such.

That means absolutely nothing, however.

The boy that likes the G.I.Joe can still turn out gay, and the boy with the pinks and bed netting just latched on to what he saw. That's a case of nurture. Someone may say, "Well why didn't the G.I.Joe twin like bed netting?"

Cause humans aren't robots.

Last time I checked, genetics don't hard-wire likings for pinks, dolls, and bed netting.

One likes what they like.

One gay twin debunks genetics as a cause for gayetty.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

Just because some gay scientists said it soo doesn't mean they are right. To be gay has nothing to do with genetics, its more like what you choose in your head. Like you can't be fat if you don't eat. Such things like: born fat or born gay you only hear from scientists from usa.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    Just because some gay scientists said it soo doesn't mean they are right. To be gay has nothing to do with genetics, its more like what you choose in your head. Like you can't be fat if you don't eat. Such things like: born fat or born gay you only hear from scientists from usa.
    Interesting that the same scientists who see a genetic predisposition to homosexuality insist that pedophiles can be rehabilitated.

BTW-It should be noted that this is the same scientific community that insists that global warming is a man-made phenomena.

If Will Rogers was alive he'd surely have concocted an entire show called, There's Money In Them There Theories!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Interesting that the same scientists who see a genetic predisposition to homosexuality insist that pedophiles can be rehabilitated.

BTW-It should be noted that this is the same scientific community that insists that global warming is a man-made phenomena.
    wait

WHAT

how many scientific communities are there?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Did you seriously compare homosexuality to pedophila?

And I don't recall ever waking up one day and thinking "Hmm, I think today I'll be gay/straight."

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast