Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Embyonic stem cell research

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    That's not our Barbie, that's Sir Elton at Woodstock!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    FFS are you people as idiotic as you try to appear. Identical twins are identical. They are made from the one fertilized egg, which splits in two.

As opposed to twins resulting from two different eggs being fertilized. They are effectively just brothers, or sisters, or brother / sister who develop at the same time, in the same womb.

Identical twins may not look exactly the same but they have exactly the same DNA. If you did a DNA test you would not be able to differentiate them, however if you did a fingerprint test you would.

They share DNA, they are clones.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    Identical twins arn't really identical, like clones arn't machines, some may think its like in movies, when they all act and behave the same, for now its just experimenting with cells that they don't even understand fully. Some things will forever be Sci-fi and some will change a bit but not like in games. It will never be like printing a full-grown human like a papper soo you could live forever.
    I would like to see my memories stored on disk, soo i could use them for a new body.
    I missed this. You have a weird analogy there but to be technical, identical twins are not really identical (as in being exactly alike). They just have identical DNA. However even in the womb there are factors which help differentiate them. Nutrition is one of them.

The differences between identical twins widens as they get older. Identical twin puppies will most likely have a slightly different placement of spots of color on their fur, for example.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    FFS are you people as idiotic as you try to appear. Identical twins are identical. They are made from the one fertilized egg, which splits in two.

As opposed to twins resulting from two different eggs being fertilized. They are effectively just brothers, or sisters, or brother / sister who develop at the same time, in the same womb.

Identical twins may not look exactly the same but they have exactly the same DNA. If you did a DNA test you would not be able to differentiate them, however if you did a fingerprint test you would.

They share DNA, they are clones.
    That's what I said

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789