Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firefox Extension Promises Private P2P

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    well you do get the option to refuse adding people to your contact list. we could just make a thread and not allow people in until they post thier screen names.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    they said on the forum that putting a throttle in is thier highest priority right now

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Cool, but this would be kinda hard to maintain that is the forum PM/Friends let's share stuff thing.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ya its still Beta as well , after some searching found a thread about Pando .

Same idea but supposaly better ,yet another Beta . Sign of things to come I guess as its legal .

http://www.pando.com/beta/

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    Poster
    Okay I tried this extension and there is one thing I dont like about this, as a matter of fact one thing I dont like about this and that darknet sweden thingy. This can potenionaly be a great risk to national secuirty seeing how the files are being highly encrypted (mainly on the darknet shit) and also , the thing with the extension is you must have freinds willing to share. Well thats good for people with freinds who are piraters, but waht about us folks , if none of my freidns are piraters then i guess we are stuck using bittorent!.

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by neotheone View Post
    Okay I tried this extension and there is one thing I dont like about this, as a matter of fact one thing I dont like about this and that darknet sweden thingy. This can potenionaly be a great risk to national secuirty seeing how the files are being highly encrypted (mainly on the darknet shit) and also , the thing with the extension is you must have freinds willing to share. Well thats good for people with freinds who are piraters, but waht about us folks , if none of my freidns are piraters then i guess we are stuck using bittorent!.

I'd like to think its more like a rapidshare or program to send home movies to grandma . Or bigger files maybe with ease . Example The Dave would like to try Symantic Security Client , I could send the 353 mg file and sit back and wait for a response .

Its hard to get angry with someone like you Neotheone , who has actually tried the program . Maybe just use it to share photos or music with friends ?
    Problem solved as you can send up to 100gb ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-26-2006 at 07:43 PM.

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    sounds interesting - trying it out now

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neotheone View Post

I'd like to think its more like a rapidshare or program to send home movies to grandma . Or bigger files maybe with ease . Example The Dave would like to try Symantic Security Client , I could send the 353 mg file and sit back and wait for a response .

Its hard to get angry with someone like you Neotheone , who has actually tried the program . Maybe just use it to share photos or music with friends ?
    Problem solved as you can send up to 100gb ?
    Sure yea Photosharing, Family Video sharing from familys and freinds. But what I would love to see is a highly encrypted P2p network, where you can create a 1-x number of users without knowing who the person is, where he is , encrypted Ip, encrypted files, everything. Sure that brings up the issue of national sercurity, but then again for Movie downloaders in "Risk" states and countries it can be a life saver , even if the MPAA sets out a trap, it will be impossible to know Who the person is that is downloading from you

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Gonna try it but without upload control it must suck "a bit"...
    Guess i'll be using net limiter again

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDoom View Post
    Gonna try it but without upload control it must suck "a bit"...
    Guess i'll be using net limiter again
    it's well suited to photos i think. me and my mate have passed a couple of screengrabs and it seems to send a thumbnail first then you can kinda browse, only loading one photo at a time.

anyway, anybody wants to add me. i'm TheDave. i'm hoping to get a good few people in my "FST users" group

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast