Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you get paid an hour?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    What if he was living next door to you and was pretending to be someone else?
    What if he's just fishing to see what he can get?

I'm not saying it's the case, because it's probably not.

However, I see identity theft cases every day and you don't need that much information to apply for a credit card in someone's name. Funnily enough... how much you earn is one of the key questions.
    You don't need passwords, all you need is someone's address, age, income. You don't even need bank details or NI numbers.
    What you tell a creditor about the amount you make can be bullshit and you'd still get the credit. It can't be too outlandish but it can still be bullshit.

It's a bullshit question.

"What's your annual household income?"

Again, all I'd need to know is what a person does for a living to figure out how much they make. That and maybe what area they are in and who they work for.

Still, no ID from your hourly though.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    I'm not even sure what the hell it is you guys are arguing about... but okay.

I make $7.50 an hour as a projectionist at a movie theatre... and this is after working there for 2 years, and being promoted... I don't make shit.

... but the free movies help.

Are you in a union? I remember when I worked at the movie theater (as an usher) the projectionists were unionized loike.

They didn't do shit if it wasn't per contract. They even wouldn't move the heavy ass film cans.
    No union. =/

We used to have a union, then a bunch of people got tired of losing 4 bucks to the union every paycheck, so the union was voted out of the way. Shit I hate it when we get new prints, the film cans weigh a TON. And then we have to move the entire prints, which are also heavy... now I know why I wake up with backpain every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by coppercox View Post
    thank you!!! thank you!!! Busyman AND Rip the Jacker, oh and the englishman that actually answered the question about a dozen posts back!!! Like pulling teeth with some of these clowns to get an answer to my original question. Those wankers couldn't answer a simple question but they could definitely correct my use of ellipsis............yeah!!!
    I'm confused... what are you thanking me for?

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4

However, I see identity theft cases every day and you don't need that much information to apply for a credit card in someone's name. Funnily enough... how much you earn is one of the key questions.
    You don't need passwords, all you need is someone's address, age, income. You don't even need bank details or NI numbers.
    Yeah but what has busy told us about himself. What he does for a living, where he works, his colour and height, nature of his injuries, where his house is, with a description of it, how much land he has round it, how many people live in his house, the type of car he drives, what his hourly rate is.

How on Earth would anyone have any prospect of identifying him.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. Lounge   -   #64

What you tell a creditor about the amount you make can be bullshit and you'd still get the credit.
    Fraudulent credit applications is a criminal offence in this Country tho'.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

Are you in a union? I remember when I worked at the movie theater (as an usher) the projectionists were unionized loike.

They didn't do shit if it wasn't per contract. They even wouldn't move the heavy ass film cans.
    No union. =/

We used to have a union, then a bunch of people got tired of losing 4 bucks to the union every paycheck, so the union was voted out of the way. Shit I hate it when we get new prints, the film cans weigh a TON. And then we have to move the entire prints, which are also heavy... now I know why I wake up with backpain every morning.

thank you!!! thank you!!! Busyman AND Rip the Jacker, oh and the englishman that actually answered the question about a dozen posts back!!! Like pulling teeth with some of these clowns to get an answer to my original question. Those wankers couldn't answer a simple question but they could definitely correct my use of ellipsis............yeah!!!
    Answering the question.

Yeah I had to move the cans for them when I was an usher.

Btw, if the union got it's members a $1 (or even 50 cents) raise an hour when you otherwise wouldn't have had one (or not as soon) then $4 a paycheck is small potatoes.

Besides that unions have other advantages besides paycheck increases.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    No union. =/

Answering the question.

Btw, if the union got it's members a $1 (or even 50 cents) raise an hour when you otherwise wouldn't have had one (or not as soon) then $4 a paycheck is small potatoes.

yeah they're great for cheap drinks and shagging dirty student burds.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider_dude View Post
    No union. =/

Answering the question.

yeah they're great for cheap drinks and shagging dirty student burds.
    :babumdish:

8. Lounge   -   #68
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Only my bookkeeper knows for sure, and I can't afford to ask her.
    But you can afford to sleep with her.

How odd.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I haven't had a pay rise in years even though I've been promoted several times.

Although, I did make £6 volunteering for 20 minutes yesserday.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss View Post
    I haven't had a pay rise in years even though I've been promoted several times.

Although, I did make £6 volunteering for 20 minutes yesserday.
    That's £18/hour, or about $34, which is around 13% more than that coppercox chap.

If he earns $30/hour and works a 40 hour week that's $1200 per week. If we assume he gets paid holidays that's $62,000 / annum before tax.

If however we asume 4 weeks unpaid leave then that's say $57,600 / annum again before any taxes.

Or between £30,000 and £33,000 UK equivelant.

I have no idea what the relevant cost of living differences would be, or indeed how much of that would go to the IRS.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast