Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New computer doesn't work??

limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    Can u post full specs? That's crackhead is good with his computers lol. I'm guessing he stole it somehow. Amazing deal though, you saved at least 2k.
    Nothing is for free uless you stole it
    The only very cheap way i know is when you buy from the ppl that make computer parts, crackheads don't.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Can u post full specs? That's crackhead is good with his computers lol. I'm guessing he stole it somehow. Amazing deal though, you saved at least 2k.
    The PC is back in the box again since I'm in the process of moving, but I'll post them soon enough.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    Nothing is for free uless you stole it
    The only very cheap way i know is when you buy from the ppl that make computer parts, crackheads don't.
    If you can find this same computer from "someone who makes computer parts" for less than I paid, then you can say that's the "only cheap way".

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    A guy that steals newspapers at dawn and buys stolen pc's off crackheads yet buys operating systems from one of the richest people on the planet go figure

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    OK, after working on this new PC on/off for about 2 weeks now, I finally got everything running smooth and as it should.

The main problem I was running into was that I had no boot info since the copy of Windows I bought was OEM.

I've basically been learning how to slipstream over the past week. Through a lot of trial and error, I finally got it right.

Once I had Windows all up and running and deleted the other partition with MCE on it, I had to hunt down all the drivers for my graphics cards, ethernet adapter, sound card, etc. A bit of a pain, but only about 1.5 hours of work.

A couple of members wanted full specs, soooo.......

Code:
    --------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version                                           EVEREST v2.20.405
        Homepage                                          http://www.lavalys.com/
        Report Type                                       Report Wizard
        Computer                                          ************
        Generator                                         Ben Dover
        Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
        Date                                              2006-09-07
        Time                                              10:49

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
          Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
          OS Service Pack                                   Service Pack 2
          DirectX                                           4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
          Computer Name                                     *************
          User Name                                         Ben Dover

Motherboard:
          CPU Type                                          Duo Core Intel Core 2 E6400, 2133 MHz (16 x 133)
          Motherboard Name                                  Dell Dell DXG061
          Motherboard Chipset                               nVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition
          System Memory                                     2048 MB  (DDR2 SDRAM)
          BIOS Type                                         Phoenix (07/31/06)
          Communication Port                                Communications Port (COM1)

Display:
          Video Adapter                                     NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX  (512 MB)
          Video Adapter                                     NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX  (512 MB)
          Monitor                                           Dell 1901FP (Digital)  [19" LCD]  (5Y232442BBPM)
          Monitor                                           Dell 1801FP (Analog)  [18" LCD]  (X110644LKPCL)

Multimedia:
          Audio Adapter                                     SigmaTel Audio  @ nVIDIA nForce 570 SLI (MCP55P) - HD Audio Controller 

Storage:
          IDE Controller                                    Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
          SCSI/RAID Controller                              NVIDIA MCP55 Serial ATA Controller
          SCSI/RAID Controller                              NVIDIA MCP55 Serial ATA Controller
          Floppy Drive                                      Floppy disk drive
          Disk Drive                                        WDC WD3200KS-75PFB0  (298 GB, IDE)
          Disk Drive                                        USB 2.0 Storage Device USB Device  (127 GB, USB)
          Optical Drive                                     PHILIPS DVD-ROM DROM6316
          Optical Drive                                     TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A
          SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Partitions:
          C: (NTFS)                                         305195 MB (289324 MB free)
          F: (NTFS)                                         131069 MB (68727 MB free)
          Total Size                                        426.0 GB (349.7 GB free)

Input:
          Keyboard                                          HID Keyboard Device
          Mouse                                             Logitech USB Cordless Mouse

Network:
          Network Adapter                                   Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller  (66.68.**.**)

Peripherals:
          USB1 Controller                                   Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]
          USB2 Controller                                   Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
          USB Device                                        Logitech USB Cordless Mouse
          USB Device                                        USB Human Interface Device
          USB Device                                        USB Mass Storage Device

EDIT: I also found out these graphics cards will not support a multi-monitor setup with SLI enabled.... WTF?!
    Graphics cards this expensive won't even do what my previous $85 card would do?? What a load of shit.
    Last edited by Skizo; 09-07-2006 at 04:03 PM.

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    EDIT: I also found out these graphics cards will not support a multi-monitor setup with SLI enabled.... WTF?!
    Graphics cards this expensive won't even do what my previous $85 card would do?? What a load of shit.
    Isn't that the whole point of SLI?

In SLI mode you use 2 processors to produce a single output, but with twice the processing power.

If you want 2 outputs then you don't run them in SLI mode.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

In SLI mode you use 2 processors to produce a single output, but with twice the processing power.

No.

The whole point of having SLI enabled graphics cards is so that I can run two graphics cards to produce a single powerful output with twice the processing power.

Each card has two DVI plugs. If I disable SLI, then I am able to run my two monitors (which are both plugged into one card) just fine, but not if SLI is enabled.

It makes no sense that if I double the power, I can only get half the usage.

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    lynx's Avatar .

No.

The whole point of having SLI enabled graphics cards is so that I can run two graphics cards to produce a single powerful output with twice the processing power.

Each card has two DVI plugs. If I disable SLI, then I am able to run my two monitors (which are both plugged into one card) just fine, but not if SLI is enabled.

It makes no sense that if I double the power, I can only get half the usage.
    You missed my point.

You seem to want dual processor power on two outputs from one card, which is equivalent to one processor per output.

Can't you simply run one output from each card? That achieves your requirement and still gives you the equivalent processing power per output.

If that option doesn't work then I agree that the setup is crazy.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If that option doesn't work then I agree that the setup is crazy.
    "The setup is crazy".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    that deal is hella good!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast