Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Might Be Interested!

I was listening to Radio 1 with Jo Whiley last week (UK) and she had Blur on who was playing live. She did an interview with them, and asked them what they thought of file-sharing on the internet and pirated music, and the answer, i thought, was amazing! And as a music producer/writer myself, I completely 100% agree with them.

This is roughly how it went:

Jo: "So what do you think of File Sharing on the net and pirating music?"

Blur: "We make music for people to listen to. Our main goal is to make the world hear our music, not to make 10 million pounds! People who are against file sharing are just greedy, selfish people who do not care at all about music, just money - the reason there's so much rubbish around today. We want the world to hear our music, whether they've had to pay for the marketing, advertising, cd case, cd sleeve and the bus to the shop to get the cd, or whether they've effortlessly sat at home and downloaded it for free, either way is a step closer to ANY REAL musician's goal!"

What a MINT answer eh?!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    that's great!

i really agree with what blur is saying.
    It shouldn't really be about the money.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Good answer. Musicians don't care about the music. They care that their music is heard by everyone.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Yea! Mettallica Should Read this!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Why? Are Metallica against it all then?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    yea metallica doesnt feel they make/made enough money off of their years in the biz.
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Well, I don't like that kind of music anyway, but it don't matter what kind of music it is, they were obviously making music for money, which says to me that their heart wasn't in it, and if their heart wasn't in it, do they really deserve the millions of fans they have? NO THEY FUCKING DONT!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Im sure Metallica wasnt always after the money.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Well maybe they wasn't. But if they wasn't they seem to be now! Because they've (commercially) faded out, they blame piracy?! Maybe their new stuff just wasn't good enough?

Don't wanna start a row though, lol, cuz I know nothing about them or their style or genre of music.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by KLiteRulez@6 May 2003 - 20:35
    Well maybe they wasn't. But if they wasn't they seem to be now! Because they've (commercially) faded out, they blame piracy?! Maybe their new stuff just wasn't good enough?

Don't wanna start a row though, lol, cuz I know nothing about them or their style or genre of music.
    that's too true. they used to be die hard rockers and all their older stuff is the best with a few of the new tracks, but i think after LOAD came out they totally changed theirimage for the worst.
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast