Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

I don't want them to have open access to the user's ip address. but if a site staff from another site has proven to the staff here they are in fact that person, then i believe that should a member from that site break the other site's rules then the staff should be allowed to know that user's ip address. This would work better than not doing so in 2 ways:

*it would iliminate people using the account name on that site the same as the user here but being different users having their account deleted

*user's couldn't just use an alias here to get away with stuff

now is user's weren't breaking site rules, they wont have anything to worry about. if they do, then the staff here wouldn't just be giving the information to any person asking, it would be to a staff member on the site to which this user should already be registered to, and if not then shouldn't be claiming that they are.

do you still think that is wrong?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    TimeRavine's Avatar Time's Ravine BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    he is not right, this board is not meant to be an oppurtunity to get into these sites that don't wish users from here to get access like this. users are meant to follow site rules and breaking them while trying to get access to these sites is not going to get you access a lot of the time.
    Regardless what of you MIGHT think this board is, it's not full of scammers or "undesirable" users. I was given a demonoid invitation by a generous user here and that's how I got started. From there I moved on to pretorrents, made many friends on this board and I've traded invites with them ever since. Sites encourage trading among friends and that's EXACTLY what this board promotes. So please don't sour the reputation of this board as some underbelly hangout.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    i'm not saying everyone does that, but you have to realise that not all users are the same

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    TimeRavine's Avatar Time's Ravine BT Rep: +3
    I know all users aren't the same or there wouldn't be the 5 post 1 month minimum to view the board but you're generalizing which is unfair.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I really don't see the need for this.

You're giving people a pat on the back for something they are doing on another site. They aren't even being asked to identify publicly where they represent. What good is that to anyone? You're not givng them any kind of power here, why do they need to be pointed out?

If they are that proud of being a mod at X-torrent let they put it in their banner or avator. Let their contributions here earn them some kind of public recognition.

If I didn't read this thread, I would have thought they were a member of this site's staff. You're giving them unearned status here. I don't do torrents anymore, and honestly I don't care who does what where, unless they are doing it here.

Anyone hear what I'm saying or am I way off base?
    Last edited by Broken; 08-30-2006 at 05:14 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    The Best Trader BT Rep: +5
    Halt3r - Stupid N00B.
    Hello!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post

You're giving people a pat on the back for something they are doing on another site. They aren't even being asked to identify publicly where they represent. What good is that to anyone? You're not givng them any kind of power here, why do they need to be pointed out?

If they are that proud of being a mod at X-torrent let they put it in their banner or avator. Let their contributions here earn them some kind of public recognition.

If I didn't read this thread, I would have thought they were a member of this site's staff. You're giving them unearned status here. I don't do torrents anymore, and honestly I don't care who does what where, unless they are doing it here.

Any hear what I'm saying or am I way off base?
    I agree completely!

Especially, "You're giving them unearned status here."

No personal offense to any of them. But F*CK them. They're nobody here. They didn't earn respect here. They haven't helped people here. Give them the title of usurper.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post

Anyone hear what I'm saying or am I way off base?

Not at all, its how I feel as well . I don't use torrents either and after reading some of the snotty post's from our new community friends , don't think I'll bother . We can't police our own site for christs sake ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @Zap , whats an usurper ? How bout Fink or Rat instead .

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    usurper:

1. to seize and hold (a position, office, power, etc.) by force or without legal right: The pretender tried to usurp the throne.
    2. to use without authority or right; employ wrongfully: The magazine usurped copyrighted material.

–verb (used without object) 3. to commit forcible or illegal seizure of an office, power, etc.; encroach.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast