Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    usurper, is a bit strong.
    Last edited by Broken; 08-30-2006 at 06:38 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Not at all, its how I feel as well . I don't use torrents either and after reading some of the snotty post's from our new community friends , don't think I'll bother . We can't police our own site for christs sake ?
    yes you can police your own site, except a lot of the user's here are breaking other site's rules. it doesn't matter if you have reasonable people here, the site's don't want the invites offered on public forums, or any forums for that matter, which is why people have come over here to ask that it is stopped, do you really believe that is so unreasonable?

if you were all good users, then you wouldn't be able to access these invites here because the user's would respect the site rules where they get this invites and not give them out to people asking in forums. that is a perfect example how a user who may be considered good and someone who follows rules at some place may not do so on all sites. usually i oblige to site rules, however a lot of you seem to consider it okay to offer out invites when they were given to you under the conditions you don't hand them out like they are here..

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeRavine View Post
    Sites encourage trading among friends and that's EXACTLY what this board promotes. So please don't sour the reputation of this board as some underbelly hangout.
    Seems the opinion is were scum and thats that. Ive sat and read this and am amazed at how twisted this has become when its simply to bring the community together. However some may have missed the point. Their presence was to make a stronger community and wasnt setup to destroy the invites section or perhaps thats what some want though it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    i'm not saying everyone does that, but you have to realize that not all users are the same
    Dont think your saying that. Think your saying that most of the members here are scum.

Invites are handed out so people can invite people they know and trust. This does not include people on a public forum who "have proof of a good ratio somewhere". This never indicates anything for 2 main reasons:

* just because a member has a good ratio on one site, does not mean they will keep a good ratio on another
    * user's do not have the one username for all sites, it is quite easy to use a nick someone else has used to gain themselves a good ratio on one site and pass themselves off as that person (users.php is useful for people wanting to do that as you should know).
    Then again members giving invites to their myspace buddy isnt any more full proof is it. Maybe were to believe that the invites should only be given out personally. However youve stated those that want an invite should linger around sites and forums until they get to know those with invites and they will get them. Dont see much difference in a trade as members here get to know each other also for at least 30 days at that. Then they give an invite to another member they trust and that member gives them an invite back. Simple difference is that the invitor gets an invite in return. As unbelievable as it seems to you this could make the community grow. It could be argued those making trades do more research and are more cautious with invites.

Seems the point thats escaped you is that this site is a community. However you havent taken the time to look at that or even beyond this section most likely and chose to insult the members here as being some sort of n00b farm slopping invites around.

On top of that, often people on public trackers get invites without showing anything of themselves, and the invitee not knowing who they are invited, it is because of this that invites aren't to be given out to people they don't know and trust.
    Havent seen a trade like Dm for **** here and doubt I will. Yet again the assumption is the members here are morons I guess. However for those that may be morons Im sure theres some myspace invites given out that went sour also. Yet again not much difference.

You may think that's impossible for you to get into these sites but really it isn't, you just need to take the time to get to know people on the sites you are at, then someone who trusts you that has invites will offer to invite you
    Whats the difference between this and getting to know members that have invites here and developing that same trust. Additionally you have to wait at least 30 days. Also those that make just the minimum posts and come back after the month asking for invites are often ignored. Maybe we havent put any thought into any of this or is it that the members here are trash or is it that you think just the majority is trash. Guess your stating if you go to a different forum and get to know members there with invites its different. Perhaps your saying that this site isnt a community as much as the sites your reffering to.

i'm not sure if the staff are willing to disclose ip addresses to other staff members here, however in the case of members offering invites to sites which they aren't meant to, i would be all for it. this does not mean i think the "community staff" should see all users ips, but if a user is breaking the rules for the site in which they are staff, then i think they should be entitled to that users ip address
    Think weve made it clear where we stand on giving out our members info so not sure where you come up with this. When staff in the community has a problem user they let others know so they can decide what to do. This is what strengthens the community now. Those that should be concerned on this site are those that scam and could find themselves with global issues. Those that leech cheat or so forth on other sites may find themselves without access to the invites section since they shouldnt have any.

This would work better than not doing so in 2 ways:

*it would iliminate people using the account name on that site the same as the user here but being different users having their account deleted

*user's couldn't just use an alias here to get away with stuff
    Getting all traders to vanish is a pipe dream as were not the only site and we dont have access to close down myspace or msn either. This isnt a joining of communities so that this can be some magical starting point for lynching all traders good and bad. Maybe the fact that you have visions of this being a crusade and not looking at what this should be is the issue.

Spoken to staff on bt sites and even though they have rules regarding trades have been told by some those with invites can do what they want with them with the obvious nonos like selling them and truly being slime. Think they might prefer it happens at a site with ties to the community rather than at a site that allows posting of private urls and could care less. At least here they could have input.

As for my opinions on invites I think sites that open registration from time to time or give allot of invites to its users should realize their invites will be traded and most likely know it. Just my thought anyway. Would think it would be best if those trades were done where theres ties to the community.

Regarding sites that are truly private we are here to support their wishes. We dont need to be a site where their information is posted. Weve added filters and are open to adding more. This is common sense to support the community also.

Have stood back reading and have yet to know what to to think other than frustration at something going in so many different directions...

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    n/m

Maybe i'll try and add my two cents tomorrow. Maybe not.
    I don't think it matters. Things will go as they will... Qui vivra verra.
    Last edited by Broken; 08-30-2006 at 07:34 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    yes you can police your own site, except a lot of the user's here are breaking other site's rules.
    Who are you and how have you come to this conclusion. Seems you speak for all sites which is more than any other staff member has posted. Those that represent a site represent that site in itself. Have no clue how you became global to speak for so many sites.

it doesn't matter if you have reasonable people here, the site's don't want the invites offered on public forums, or any forums for that matter, which is why people have come over here to ask that it is stopped, do you really believe that is so unreasonable?
    Yet again let them speak for their own as Im sure they are capable. Who told you they came here to ask it be stopped and how do you yet again speak for so many. You seem to think this is a crusade and FST is the starting point and again miss the point. Their presence here is by invite to forward a stronger community though youve chalked this up to be a lynching and your at the helm as some hero figure...

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Reality why did you let the users here offer accounts to **-* ? Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Reality why did you let the users here offer accounts to **-* ? Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?
    You should be as aware as anybody that the bridge between communities for FST is recent. How were we to know if posts arent reported and no contact to the staff was made. Thats the point of community staff being here isnt it. Considering youve been a member here for a long time why didnt you mention it...

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    you didnt answer the question: Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?

to answer your question: why didnt i mention it to staff here? i should have but i wasnt aware of it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Yet you think I was. Not sure where your going with this but the answer is no.

EDIT: The only discussion weve had with them is mostly regarding filters and some threads that should be gone...

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    the bit torrent invite section looks like its becoming the bit torrent accounts section.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast