Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakis View Post
    Still think they should have which sites they represent in their titles, avatars, or sigs.
    That would be nice but should be their choice...

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Wouldn't it just be a series of asterisks?

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Spam from Admin but had to laugh...

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrakis View Post
    Still think they should have which sites they represent in their titles, avatars, or sigs.
    I am a moderator at FSC. all you had to do was ask but if when you ask the next community rep person and for some reason they dont want to tell you have to respect it since it really is there choice.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    B O O S BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Not sure why youve chosen to intentionally post that with spaces so it has to be edited....
    Sorry I will be write without spaces

It will be never happen again

(and I have edited my post )

I am a moderator at FSC.
    Nice place
    Last edited by blekitna; 08-30-2006 at 11:07 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    Community Rep
    Im a new member here and also staff on a couple of torrent sites, this is why i have the community rep under my name (thanks to RealitY for creating this). I can honestly say that i have no access to any users info here that a normal user wouldnt see, i cant see ip addies or any personal details about users here.

Staff on different sites often talk to each other to check on ratio cheats, scammers and other undersirable users. The sooner that people who wish to join certain sites realise this the better it will be. Global bans are not issued lightly despite what some users may think is the case but when they are issued they are done for very good reasons and proof as to why it is being called for is always supplied or the ban wont happen.

If a certain site has it in its rules not to post about trading invites and users of that site followed the rules then staff from these sites wouldnt have to be joining forums just to check on this and could then be joining just to enjoy the forum and what it has to offer.

There seems to be the same names popping up and complaining about this new area that RealitY has created, makes me wonder why they complain so much if they have nothing to hide.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    Community Rep
    First off, my apologies to RealitY for trying to deal with this alone so far.

The heart of the matter is there are many dangers that threaten BT and Filesharing these days.

Instead of fighthing about it, Isn't it better to pan all resources and knowlege to work together on a common goal? That is making sharing more safe, enjoyable and giving it a longer life.

Some members here may not totally understand the concept.

It's not that trading, requesting or offering invites are all bad, but do you really know who you are giving those invites to?

Many sites have individual rules for invites. It's up to that individual poster that's giving those invites to abide by any invite rules here as well as incorporate rules of the site they are representing in that invite to that community.

As most of you know, there are sites that wish to remain not mentioned.
    When you think about it, A lot of you would feel pretty down, mad, upset, or negativity, to find out that someone posted an invite, to a site, and that person that recieved the invite was a stool pigeon ( informant ).

If sharing is something you love, why would anyone want to be so careless as to help in a possible faster demise of sharing? I would think it would be the opposite.

Some of you may know me, some don't, but I've been in this a long time. I've seen sites go down. I've seen many (thousands and thousands) of sad members. Communities are torn apart. Friends or acquaintances arrested. A home (figuratively) is demolished.

The community staff section is not going to have "everyone" banned that shares an invite. But it'll help staff members here working with certain staff of other sites, to help provide a safe way of doing this. Only people breaking the rules would be banned or warned.

I've read through all these posts, and it seems that alot of Members here don't have enough support for the staff of FST to help them on doing what essentially a good thing. Where's the community spirit?? Come on guys, open your mind and give it a chance. No one is taking over. It's simply strengthening a global bond to make Sharing tighter, bigger, stronger, and a force to be reckoned with.

This helps benefit you as well. Your safety. Your sites. Your communities.

Lastly, Thanks to RealitY and the other FST staff here for being a great bunch. They've been really co-operative and I hope the folks I know will give them that respect. Or, you know what will happen

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Can someone explain me why don`t torrentbytes, bitsoup, filelist, oink, torrentleech care to be mentioned, while other sites afraid of that ? They all offer almost the same content, and the sites I mentioned are remain strong for a long time, even if they names and urls are known everywhere ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqozo View Post
    Can someone explain me why don`t torrentbytes, bitsoup, filelist, oink, torrentleech care to be mentioned, while other sites afraid of that ? They all offer almost the same content, and the sites I mentioned are remain strong for a long time, even if they names and urls are known everywhere ?
    why shouldn't the site's be allowed to set their own rules and expect their users to abide by them?

i am 100% positive you have all taken offense from my posts when i have meant non at all. if a site asks for it's members not to offer invites on forums, then it's simple they should not be offering them on public forums, yet despite this i have seen plenty of threads in your invite section (i can still see the topics) for these sites which ask it's users not to respond to such threads, however i have the feeling that people in fact do. how can you justify saying these are good user's when they can't follow such a simple site rule? please explain that to me.

now you can all whine about who do i think i am, but really i havn't told you to do anything except follow the rules set out by other sites. now i know the staff here are putting in an effort to help out other communities, however i also know people who have had posts removed from these invite threads when they have stated that these site's don't want these threads/invites on other forums.

i don't see why you all jumped down my throat about what i said about ip addresses, now i know the staff here aren't going to do this, however if a member was to post a thread here saying they have insites to site x. Yet site x has a rule in place where their user's aren't meant to post thread's offering invites in public places, in my personal opinion (and that is all this is) the staff at ftn and staff here should be able to transfer information (including IP addresses) between each other to determine which user this is on ftn. If they don't then ftn may not be able to work out which user on their site is breaking their rules, or worse the person may have a different site nic on this site to ftn, however the nick used on this site could be used by a user on ftn and they could lose their account despite doing nothing wrong. Now you can jump up and down saying that's a terrible idea, but why is it? the ftn staff should already have this ip address in their database, the user's here wouldn't have to worry unless they were breaking any rules, so where is this idea so bad?

I would love to hear both the users here, the staff here and staff from other site's opinions on my last question.

Also someone said i came on here just to abuse, unless i'm mistaken, i have no actually abused any person on this site since joining, i will admit that the reason i joined up here was because of a thread i saw talking about this site, however i have also taken the time to look around your site, post in other threads providing help to some users, and even ventured outside the bittorrent section of the forums.

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqozo View Post
    why shouldn't the site's be allowed to set their own rules and expect their users to abide by them?
    If you don`t have an answer for my question, just stfu and don`t reply

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast