Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

are you really that ignorant, most of the good site's don't get their torrents from other trackers, the uploaders get them from the top sites where the groups release them to.

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    are you really that ignorant, most of the good site's don't get their torrents from other trackers, the uploaders get them from the top sites where the groups release them to.
    The ignorant here is you. I didn`t talk about 0-day shit, I talk about the shit like sedgr, tpbz, bitme etc
    Last edited by jaqozo; 08-30-2006 at 02:11 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    I think there should be a place where we can nominate community Reps. If there is good support from users, i think the staff here should consider them to be added to the list as well.

is that a good idea?

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Anyone got an invite for Oink?

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    www.google.co.uk

Some say I've got a bad attitude, but that don't change the way I feel about you!

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    if a site asks for it's members not to offer invites on forums, then it's simple they should not be offering them on public forums, yet despite this i have seen plenty of threads in your invite section (i can still see the topics) for these sites which ask it's users not to respond to such threads, however i have the feeling that people in fact do. how can you justify saying these are good user's when they can't follow such a simple site rule? please explain that to me.
    RealitY and j0hn already answered your question a few posts back but you failed to understand their point of view.

so i will try to simplify it for you.

This is what you think:
    you consider this a place which does trades of invites to sites who do not allow that. people should give their invites to other people they know and trust, and not trade them blindly and give them to people they know nothing about.

This is what the FST community thinks:

i will quote what j0hn said, because i dont think anyone could state it more eloquently than he just did:

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    this place is being labelled as scum, as reality said. i think thats pretty damn rude. how many other public forums with a bittorrent invite section are making such an effort to help sites who they have 100% no connection to. filesharingtalk could say screw you, not help, and allow a flood of noobs in to trade/request invites, and in doing so increase the number of visitors it gets. but they are making a good effort to help the wider community, and its being rubbished right through this thread.

if i were to give a member here an invite to 1 of ur "secret" sites, i think that would be better than 101 other ways an invite could be handed out. ive been member here over a year, and have a large volume of posts. i feel i know alot of the members here, and that they know me. so in alot of ways its not very public at all. not everyone here who uses filesharingtalk, or its bittorrent section, are doing bad things against ur private sites. i make many reports about ur sites being mentioned. u should be praising these forums for making these efforts, as its a rare thing, and not something i think u'll see on alot of other sites.
    so actually, this site is a community in which people know eachother, it's not just some random place swapping invites. people here offer invites to other people they know and trust (and that is exactly the way the rules state invites should be given out) they contribute to the community by being active on the boards hence they are not complete strangers to one another, and while giving out invites on the forum, they are not harming the site by inviting potential cheaters/leechers/threats but people they already know from another community.

FST is a reliable place to give invites at, full stop. And it's not breaking the respective's sites rules, you know why? because those rules are extremely shallow

what does giving invites to people you trust mean????????? if the people you trust are on an online community aka. public place, you cant trust those ppl??? you're supposed to know the people who you get your invites from in real life???? what is the chance of knowing someone from a tracker with 10k users in real life? think about it... you dont know yourself who qualifies as a person you can trust and not... you're shallow yourself...

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Yes, I have some

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by dracophi View Post
    I think there should be a place where we can nominate community Reps. If there is good support from users, i think the staff here should consider them to be added to the list as well.

is that a good idea?
    i dont think it would be a fair vote cos users outnumber staff

you're trying to get rid of us? and our stars
    Last edited by Alien5; 08-30-2006 at 02:46 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    On the topic of Sites stealing torrents from other sites:
    Most sites rules specify not to upload their torrents to other sites. They specify nothing about the actual files themselves should you create your own torrents for them. However... Most torrent sites have their own scene access where they download releases. This does not however mean they all do.

On the topic of invites:
    While there are alot of communitities with rules that are more strict than other comunities. I feel each community should be eligible to create thier own set of rules for users to abide by. Ex: While I am here it is my intent and your sites staff intent for me to abide by this sites rules as I would expect them to do on my site. It is merely common courtesy. Each site has thier own set of rules for thier own reasons. Some sites feel being more strinct in their rules they are providing better protection for their users. (You could compare this to countries in the world if you would like an example. EX: Israel has 12 yr old boys walking around the streets in their army with guns. The United states doesnt. Just because 1 place runs things a certain way doesnt mean everyone has to.)

On the topic of our access right to your information:
    We see nothing more than your average users see. The only differance in our accounts is we get more shiney stars

Topic about us declaring who we are and where we are from:
    We are from torrent sites in one way or another. I feel as mentioned by others it is subject to each personal associated with this class to declare who we are or not declare who we are.

In closing, I would like to thank the staff here for their efforts in helping out the torrent community as a whole. God knows the kind of pressure you guys have had to put up with from both parties. (Staff on sites / Users here) I know what its like so I do have the utmost respect for you guys in trying to help out both parties. Users. Many respects to you as well, some of you may or may not agree with the changes the staff have made to accomodate us but I hope in the longrun it only benefits you and the many differant torrent communities you are apart of now or may be part of in the future. I look forward to getting to know some of you through future posts here, or through other sites that I am a member of. If anyone has any questions for me feel free to post below or ask in private messages.
    -TopHos Owner

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I blame google Invites

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast