Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

Were aware what site you reprsent so if theres an issue feel free to report it...

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    I really don't see the need for this.

You're giving people a pat on the back for something they are doing on another site. They aren't even being asked to identify publicly where they represent. What good is that to anyone? You're not givng them any kind of power here, why do they need to be pointed out?

If they are that proud of being a mod at X-torrent let they put it in their banner or avator. Let their contributions here earn them some kind of public recognition.

If I didn't read this thread, I would have thought they were a member of this site's staff. You're giving them unearned status here. I don't do torrents anymore, and honestly I don't care who does what where, unless they are doing it here.

Anyone hear what I'm saying or am I way off base?
    im partly in agreement. i think the 5 stars and "staff" in the title, is a little confusing. drop some stars, rename the group. i cant think of anything suitable right now, but it does give the impression they are staff from this site. although i still agree with the idea of it, and think its good for the site.

concerning the way the rest of this thread has gone....wow. i totally understand and respect that these sites dont want their invites to be traded on public forums. thats not what this is planned to be. members have to be registered here for 30 days and have at least 5 posts to post in the invite section. although i personally think its too leniant, it shows a desire to stop noobs coming only for the invites section.

this place is being labelled as scum, as reality said. i think thats pretty damn rude. how many other public forums with a bittorrent invite section are making such an effort to help sites who they have 100% no connection to. filesharingtalk could say screw you, not help, and allow a flood of noobs in to trade/request invites, and in doing so increase the number of visitors it gets. but they are making a good effort to help the wider community, and its being rubbished right through this thread.

if i were to give a member here an invite to 1 of ur "secret" sites, i think that would be better than 101 other ways an invite could be handed out. ive been member here over a year, and have a large volume of posts. i feel i know alot of the members here, and that they know me. so in alot of ways its not very public at all. not everyone here who uses filesharingtalk, or its bittorrent section, are doing bad things against ur private sites. i make many reports about ur sites being mentioned. u should be praising these forums for making these efforts, as its a rare thing, and not something i think u'll see on alot of other sites.

lastly, those members who would leave filesharingtalk because they can no longer trade for certain sites, i say cya then. ur obviously not interested in this community, and come here only to get bt invites. thats not the point of that section of the forums. its for members of this "community" to share with each other. if that part of the forum closed, i'd still visit here daily.

edit: i noticed some now say "cumminity rep" as the title. was this changed then? i think thats more appropraite.
    Last edited by j0hn; 08-30-2006 at 10:17 AM. Reason: cheese

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven23 View Post
    If the new class has scared users and driven them away, then it just says that the only reason those users were here was to find invites to other sites. You only see a few people complain, compared to the number of users registered to this site. Honesty, if they got to know this community and the users, they wouldn't have to beg/trade for invites publicly.
    Couldn't agree more there is alot more to FST then the bt invite section. in my humble opinion if that's all your here for then piss off

@RealitY, mods and other respected members: I'm glad to see many of you feel the same about this issue as me...it's why I keep coming back

and @ Halt3r: who the fu** r u? you can't even post in the invite section yet so how can you have an opinion? why don't you stay out of what doesn't concern you

EDIT:
    @j0hn: didn't see your post but thank you for saying what i was too lazy to type.
    Last edited by sear; 08-30-2006 at 10:04 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by blekitna View Post
    I write it one more time
    Maybe moderators from torrent sites think about this

It's absurdity

Trust me that ,many, many good and honest people from torrent sites were banned because somebody HERE has the same "username" as person from torrent site

Moderators from torrent sites think that every person have reserved his "username" on every torrent sites or forums
    (and why moderators think that 2 other person - are the same person )

PARANOIA
    Well all that person needed to do is go to IRC and show some proof for example it could be checked with his IP if it matchs the one on the site and has the same username then I think with out a doubt say that it is that person. I for one dont Ban ppl on first offense since I feel a warning should be given first and a chance for the member to redeem him/her self.

And I think you got it all wrong we dont like banning ppl, but if the rules on the site are broken over and over even when theres sticky's posts in the forums so users can read them and they still go break them that to me is very disrespectful and espeacialy after all the work that it takes to run a site and everything that goes with it ex. uploading releases minutes after there pre'd and actually finding ppl who are willing to pay for a seed box just so they can share there stuff for free with ppl like you the FST members who are members at other sites.

I hope that didnt come out wrong and its from the heart.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    @DKre8ive1: you seem like a fair sort and I for one am glad to see you here in your role as a community staff member.

wish i could stick with this thread but i gots to go to bed

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    B O O S BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Reality why did you let the users here offer accounts to **-* ? Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?
    Because people want u*** accounts/not invites SIMPLE

It's the same like torrentbytes accounts (It's not invites sites but people want to get into this community :> and want accounts )
    Last edited by blekitna; 08-30-2006 at 10:45 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    anyway all i want to say is i agree with invites being traded here, i found most of my invites in here, i dont think you can stop it by banning people because there are thousands of members in some sites that are good users, and im sure that they wouldn't be there if it wasnt for invites. why do we need invites? to keep out people we dont trust. how can we trust anyone anyway? i wouldnt trust people unless i have been able to trust them in the past.

<-------- yeah thats better.. Community Rep sounds a bit less self-important
    Last edited by Alien5; 08-30-2006 at 10:42 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Reality why did you let the users here offer accounts to **-* ? Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?
    Because people want u.k.- t accounts/not invites SIMPLE
    you are way to skilled on typing my friend I guess your a rebel

It's the same like torrentbytes accounts (It's not invites sites but people want to get into this community :> and want accounts )
    And by a person having multilple accounts to torrentbytes it harms that memeber that is checking back every other day to see if sigh ups are open and if they do open ends up missing out imho.
    Last edited by DKre8ive1; 08-30-2006 at 10:42 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Because people want u*** accounts/not invites SIMPLE
    Not sure why youve chosen to intentionally post that with spaces so it has to be edited. Seems rather intentional especially in this thread. Maybe your looking for a ban or moderation. Not sure what the point is but if thats what you want it can be done...

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Still think they should have which sites they represent in their titles, avatars, or sigs.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast