Thread: Requesting on Newsgroups

10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Is there a way to request a certain release be put on Usenet servers?

I could've sworn there was a way...

2. Newsgroups   -   #2

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Just a friendly tip. Once you find the channel that might be able to fill your request, idle/chat for a while before and after requesting (or searching/downloading for that matter). Maybe check the outstanding requests to see what you could fill as well.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thanks guys.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    Music often seems to follow a somewhat different 'set of rules'. Music requests (especially involving the more rare music genres) are often made -and filled- on the newsgroup itself. There are music collectors who don't mind sharing from their libraries with other people of similar -and especially non-mainstream- interests. Browse the headers and you'll often see requests being made and filled, as well as thank-you notes and other "chat" posted. Those small music groups (and there are lots of them) can be a much different environment from the big movie/TV groups - where a posted request will probably never even get read, let alone filled.

-- just something I thought I'd add