Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: File Will Not Seed!!!

citizenblue's Avatar DISABLED PRIVS
    I just got a new acc at BitMeTv, and I wanted to start building a good ratio. So I specifically sorted the torrents by leechers and picked one of the files w/ the most leechers, a file I don't even want. Says 96 seeds 68 leechers.
    Took a nap, woke up 20 minutes ago and now it says I have dl'd 4GB out of the 8 GB file, and uploaded 0KB!!!!!!!!!!
    How the hell is that possible?
    What kind of wacky tracker is this?
    I have the green check at the bottom of utorrent indicating I am connectable and network is ok, upload speed is NOT limited at all.
    Any ideas to save this account?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    dl speed takes whole speed so put limit to dl speed and watch you dont seed anything else.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    it is really sad.
    maybe next time you should be careful. and now dl some files from
    other sites then seed it in bitmetv.
    i always choose the file with seed=1 and leech>10 when i just join a new tracker.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Ouch that really sucks best thing you could do now is turn down your download speed on that torrent to 1 kb/s and seed that for as long as possible.

Also like the other guy said try to find something good that isn't on the site yet and upload it if possible.I dont have account there so im not sure if they have special uploaders or if anyone can do it.Good luck though.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    bitmetv can be tricky because there are a lot of partial seeders...

yes, 90% of the torrents with alot of "leechers" are actually seeded, not leeched.

since torrents on bitmetv tend to get so big (especially multi-season packs), alot of users with limited diskspace share the torrent only partially, only some eps.

this also applies to the bitmetv internal rlses, where users only share some of the episodes (given the fact that hdtv rlses often have alot of propers and fixes, people who leech the individual episodes during the season dont have the exact same versions as the ones in the internal seasonpacks)

i suggest you stop downloading what you are, and leech a 1-2 eps of the x-files pack or simpsons pack, afterwards let them seed. there are always alot of ppl on these, so you will most likely seed something. but be aware that most people there will also be partial seeders, so dont expect to max your u/l speeds

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    also, take a look at these hints. they are EXTREMELY useful:

http://www.bitmetv.org/faq.php#131

i hope you havent ruined your ratio too much.

most people who join bitmetv think it'll be just like the other trackers, and wont have problems seeding because of the high number of leechers.

the stats on the homepage, Seed/Leech Ratio 1142% are not really accurate if you count the partial seeders... in reality they would be more like 4000% or more

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    before taking a nap, make sure your seeding not downloading....

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BTMach's Avatar BANNED
    hmm....looks like Blue gave his FL and TL accounts away yesterday, https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t1273...+accounts.html
    and now it reads RETIRED under his name, I'm not sure we will here from him.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by BTMach View Post
    hmm....looks like Blue gave his FL and TL accounts away yesterday, https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t1273...+accounts.html
    and now it reads RETIRED under his name, I'm not sure we will here from him.
    As he said : File Will Not Seed!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Lost a few good men recently or should i say few good sex undisclosed people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast