Thread: Bram Cohen Releases BitTorrent Search Engine

[news=http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/logos/bt.gif]It has been a very busy month for the BitTorrent community. First Azureus developed their DHT (Distributed Hash Table) client. Second, the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) CEO and President Dan Glickman accused the entire BitTorrent protocol of facilitating the distribution of Star Wars, Episode III. Then, Bram Cohen releases his own DHT client, followed by an announcement he will release a BitTorrent search engine. Surely, this was the end of the saga right?

It seems not. Today, the MPAA, FBI and U.S. Customs announced the siezure and criminal prosecution of EliteTorrents.org. While today's news appeared grim for BitTorrent fans, there appears to be a silver lining.

The much anticipated BitTorrent search engine is now functioning on BitTorrent.com. Although earlier reports indicated it would not be ready for two weeks, it appears to be fully operational.

Unlike traditional search features associated with BitTorrent trackers, the search engine crawls the web for torrent files. Whether a torrent file is indexed by a tracker or not is irrelevant. The search engine is designed to efficiently crawl the web and find torrent files regardless of their location.

It appears the search engine is working reasonably well, considering the amount of traffic is must be receiving at the moment. The search engine is no doubt still in testing phases, so search queries may perform slowly.

http://www.bittorrent.com/

Source: Slyck[/news]
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-26-2005 at 12:24 AM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    thanks, seems to work fast for me

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    wow that's nice...thnx for posting this news

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    yeah thanks for posting this!
    -lol- brought back the dead bitches

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Nice one!

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1

really dont see the point tbh
    just a waste of time.