Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update BIOS?

lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    ... yesterday as I was typing this post...
    How could you post a present day post "yesterday"???
    Doesn't "this post" refer to the post you just made.
    He could have typed it yesterday and posted it today.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    All I get now is "too many users on specified server, please try again later", yet if I use a normal ftp link I have no problems connecting.

The Asus website used to be one of the best manufacturer's sites - although it was always a bit slow it was usually accurate and everything was available - none of this "it's on the cd" nonsense.

It's been reorganised and now I wouldn't rank it in the top 10 - painfully slow, inaccurate and if you can't find your installation cd they don't want to know.

If you look at the Asus general forum page, just about every post is about the dreadful speeds. I was just thinking about getting a new Asus motherboard, but if this is an example of what they call support I think I'll look elsewhere.
    I love my M2N32-sliDLWE to bits but the Asus support site is an arse with a capital Ar.Every link you click opens another window unnecessarily.
    I got one of their 7300 gfx cards with the mobo and it came with no manual (disc or hardcopy) but the only one on the support site is in French. All I wanted to do was find out whether the RGB-coloured SVCD->3wire adapter would be OK to connect to the telly but it took three weeks of emails (they only respond on a Friday, you know) for me to find out that blue is video.
    The forums are horribly slow and there are too may sections.

Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    How could you post a present day post "yesterday"???
    Doesn't "this post" refer to the post you just made.
    He could have typed it yesterday and posted it today.
    Saved it to his desktop because Windows needed to reboot?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    best place to start here would be to swap in another motherboard and test everything out, if it works fine then call the manufacturer and tell them you swapped it and that its def the board, I had one that was partially broken, and one of the ram slots was buggy, drove me nuts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123