Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to burn a DVD-Video Disc with Nero Burning ROM

Retired

Laugh

First of all I make clear that I use version 6.6. If you have an older version that supports DVD (I think all the versions after 5.5.x.x) then the process is the same. Please make sure you start Nero Buring ROM I show here and NOT the Nero SmartStart.

The new complication comes up. If you see a Wizard close it (there must be a button down right which says Close Wizard or something). Open the pull-down menu I show and select DVD.

NOTE: If there is no pull-down menu then your version does not support DVD.

Select DVD-Video (1) from the list. Then just make sure the settings (2) are the same as shown here. Then click on the Label tab.

Here just put the label that you want your DVD to have. (It's the name that you see before your drive's letter every time you go to My Computer). After that click New.

At the left of your screen you see the folders of the DVD we are going to burn. Notice the VIDEO_TS folder is red. Double click to open the VIDEO_TS folder.

At the right of your screen you can see your hard drive. Browse to the folder where you have your DVD files (the files that DVD Shrink created).

Select all the files. I repeat: ALL the files.

Now drag and drop ALL the files you selected at the step before into the VIDEO_TS folder we opened before at your left.

IMPORTANT: People keep asking me that. Yes you put ALL the files DVD Shrink or other program created into the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder remains empty.

This is how Nero should look after all this. Note that the bat at the bottom should be all blue, or with just a little yellow where it finishes. Now click the burn icon that I show with the arrow.

Here select just Write. Put the write speed for your media (for slower media like here, Nero reduces the speed from 4x to 2x, nothing to worry about) and finally click Burn!

Wait for it to finish and you will have a very nice DVD-Video disc!

original guide posted on dvd-guides.com
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-25-2005 at 02:20 PM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #2
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Bravo IKE This worked!!! Finally after throwing away
    5 dvd-r lol
    Funny though it would not play on my expensive new Samsung, nor my Pioneer but it played on my el cheapo APEX from walleyworld for $25.00 got figure aye.
    I don't know it may be my converter that made it not work...I could try tmpg and see if thats why. who knows lol
    But Thank you for the guide!

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #3
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    Bravo IKE This worked!!! Finally after throwing away
    5 dvd-r lol
    Funny though it would not play on my expensive new Samsung, nor my Pioneer but it played on my el cheapo APEX from walleyworld for $25.00 got figure aye.
    I don't know it may be my converter that made it not work...I could try tmpg and see if thats why. who knows lol
    But Thank you for the guide!
    It's possible your DVD player doesnt support the brand of DVD-r you use.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #4
    Poster
    i think theres already a guide like this thats named How To Burn A Dvd To Dvd-r by Adster

but i was wondering how did u get all of those dvd files when i convert a mpg to dvd with Tpmgenc dvd author 1.6 i only get like 6 dvd files

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #5
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    thats normal - basically, where there are extras/multiple chapters/soundtrakcs etc you get more files. An xvid>dvd conversion doesnt usually generate many
    <insert signature here>

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #6
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    cheers mate!

Great help.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #7
    BigDaddy555's Avatar ONE MIN. NINE SEC.
    I just bought a Sony DVP-NS575P that supports multiple DVD types.(Dvd-rw/+rw, -/+ R,vcd, data cd, all cdr's, mp3,s, and even jpeg images. Very versitile for only 80 bucks...its a nice investment.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #8
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Converting the currency thats about the right price to pay for it in U.K

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #9
    I have v. 6.3.1.28 and it doesn't have step 1 and 2. When I choose video TS and then add all the files, I click burn and get "reallocation failed" message appears, then If I ignore that, it burns howevere when I played it in my DVD player it plays and will pause every 5-15 min and at the 23 min mark it starts looping a 3 second clip. Any suggestions?

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #10
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kygoff
    I have v. 6.3.1.28 and it doesn't have step 1 and 2. When I choose video TS and then add all the files, I click burn and get "reallocation failed" message appears, then If I ignore that, it burns howevere when I played it in my DVD player it plays and will pause every 5-15 min and at the 23 min mark it starts looping a 3 second clip. Any suggestions?
    get the latest version of Nero (Nero-6.6.0.15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast