Thread: Private sites don't work after I moved

Poster BT Rep: +2
    I just moved back to school, about an hour from where I lived in the summer, and none of my private torrent sites work. I can still access the site, and download the .torrent file, but after that, nothing. I tried a torrent off of torrentspy, and it worked fine, albeit slowly. . .can't go back to public sites So if anyone can think of a reason why ALL of my private sites, including TB, TL, FL, OiNK, Bitme and others don't work, I'd love to figure this out.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    The reason could be because you are at a different ip so they think its not you or something but im not sure.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    it's quite likely that your school's network is blocking the ports. I know the school that I attended blocked EVERYTHING. It sucked. To me it really sounds like that is the most likely explanation. Can't really offer you a workaround, I'm not sure there's anything you can do if that is the case, I eventually just accepted it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Don't schools always block P2P and BT apps?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    Don't schools always block P2P and BT apps?
    But he stated he used a torrent from TorrentSpy successfully.

yo

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    only FL has ip restriction meaning u have to download from the same ip u download the .torrent file

TB TL Oink Bitme don't have such restrictions
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I'm not actually on campus, so it probably isn't the school blocking it. . .apparently the ISP I have here (Cogeco) does throttle BT, but that doesn't explain it not going at all. Ah well, I'll figure it out.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Try setting your clients encryption to be on.
    You can also try proxies if the encryption method doesnt work.
    (there is a thread specifically showing how to set your clients to encrypt data transfers somewhere in the bittorent topic section may even be a sticky.)