Thread: router problem i think?

i think this question belongs here.I have a wireless modem and two computers sharing an adsl connection.The first pc connected modem through a ethernet card(lan).The second computer using the wireless connection.In first pc i use utorrent and in the second one using only msn and surf.When there is no connection in the second one first pc download great but when the second one using internet speed slows down in the first one sometimes 2-3 kbps.how can i solve this?.Sorry for the english

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    if both computers are using up the bandwidth then the speed is obvioulsy going to be slower on either of the computers.

common sense really
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Gee only 2-3 kbps. Maybe its your ISP , and you need to add a second address ? They never give nothing for nothing with out asking and most will provide a second one free .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by unholy182000 View Post
    i think this question belongs here.I have a wireless modem and two computers sharing an adsl connection.The first pc connected modem through a ethernet card(lan).The second computer using the wireless connection.In first pc i use utorrent and in the second one using only msn and surf.When there is no connection in the second one first pc download great but when the second one using internet speed slows down in the first one sometimes 2-3 kbps.how can i solve this?.Sorry for the english
    Im not sure how thats possible. Your first computer is the one u use to download (uTorrent). Your second computer only surfs the web. Surfing the web takes like very little bandwidth and shouldnt affect the uTorrent on the first computer.

So i would recommend scanning your laptop for any viruses, or trojans doing any shit in the background (like a DOS attack or something). Also, check your router and firewall to make sure you have the right ports open and stuff.

You can also force a limit on the download speed on your second computer. Use a internet shaper like cFosspeed..
    blah blah blah... whatever...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hmm .I'm sorry darling , but how did we discover that unholy 1820000 rock and Roley has a Virus ?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanks for answers but i find a way works ok for now .In QoS i give first pc wan->lan %80

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Was gonna reccomend setting them to split the connection. You can also set it so it splits them evenly. But doubt you would need that if your only chatting on the 2nd pc.