Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listen to your head not your heart

brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Why do we (human beings) place so much trust in our emotions. Shouldn't logic be revered more highly than these traitors we call feelings?

My example is this....

....at 16 Rachel's friends thought that she deserved a boyfriend who treated her in a nicer manner than Robbie did. Why has she ended up making what appears to be such a monumental error of judgement? No doubt love is the real culprit here, blinding logic and reason as it battles to acheive its ends, whatever they may be.

Is it possible that what we call love is an illness, a syndrome perhaps or an parasitic entity bent on draining the human spirit for its own ends.
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda View Post
    Why do we (human beings) place so much trust in our emotions. Shouldn't logic be revered more highly than these traitors we call feelings?

My example is this....

....at 16 Rachel's friends thought that she deserved a boyfriend who treated her in a nicer manner than Robbie did. Why has she ended up making what appears to be such a monumental error of judgement? No doubt love is the real culprit here, blinding logic and reason as it battles to acheive its ends, whatever they may be.

Is it possible that what we call love is an illness, a syndrome perhaps or an parasitic entity bent on draining the human spirit for its own ends.
    No. That sounds like something Skynet would say.

Too many things are called illnesses as it is.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

My example is this....

Love can be bent, no doubt about that.

It can also be pretty great.

What it is (mostly), is a crapshoot, complicated by ambient influence.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I agree, I may be emotionally numb, and a complete bastard at times, but my genes are awesome.

Therefore any woman who wants a child should have the secks with me. Fact.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Who searches for something better or listens to others will never find true love. Love is nothing more than caring for someone else, to be horny has nothing to do with love.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    Who searches for something better or listens to others will never find true love. Love is nothing more than caring for someone else, to be horny has nothing to do with love.
    It has to do with one's perception of love though. For many, the best sex is with someone you love. Is it because you love them that the sex was great or could it possibly be that the great sex helped you fall in love with them?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Maybe Robbie isn't that nice a guy?

Here's an interesting article about parasites affecting humans though... http://www.livescience.com/othernews...i_culture.html

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post

Here's an interesting article about parasites affecting humans though... http://www.livescience.com/othernews...i_culture.html

That's very interesting. How something so small can have potential world changing effects...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9

That's not surprising. There's rabies and syphilis but they'll kill you if left untreated.

Treated syphilis can leave behavioral changes permanent if left untreated for too long. I imagine the same for rabies.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3

wow on a cultural level that is facinating! but on a personal level I have a friend who has congenital toxoplasmosis and she is the most neurotic, anxious, and insecure person I have ever met! When the condition first presented itself 10 years ago she was worse, since then and as flare ups have died down a bit she is much better. One problem with thi sort of illness is that anxiety makes it worse.

She is also prone to strange poltergiest-type (I use the word sceptically) activity happening around her, I wonder if that could have any connections with this?
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast