Thread: Bypassing Network internet capped speed limit

hasnainbk's Avatar Member BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hello

I am a university student.i use university proxy server to connect to internet.This proxy server is capped at a speed of 4 KB/sec for each LAN IP.
    Is there anyway to un-cap it or get more than this speed by any method.I can pay whatever it costs to get more speed.If there is anyway plz tell me.
    i cant buy a DSL connection or DIAL Up connection beacause they are not allowed in uni. hostel.Plz help me.I will be thankful.

or is there anyway to use an online internet connection behind uni. proxy server?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Hmmm, don't think so m8...
    4KB/s each...are you serious dude? that sucks :X

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    uhmm don't use that proxy server??

or is it the only way to connect to the I'net?

otherwise the only thing you can do is complain

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    Become real good friends with the guys in the IT department

Your right 4K/sec sucks

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Can't you get a laptop with wireless internet and go find a wireless hub to connect? I doubt you can force the school's net to go faster and if you did you'd get caught and kicked out or something. lol You know school's spy on their students internet activity.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    you can probalby get 400-700kbps off a cellphone with the right service. get one of those mini-pci cards ment to provide cellphone internet or maybe even an actuall cellphone and hook it up to your computer with an adaptor cable. or maybe if you already have a cellphone, you might be able to add an internet connection to your service.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best