Thread: uTorent question

Is there a way to resume a torrent in uTorent, that was started in another client or on another computer. When I select the same directory which has partially downloaded the file and start to download uTorrent still starts at 0%.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    if it's the same dir with the same filenames and sizes yeah it resumes...otherwise no
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sun_star's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    if you are using the same torrent/the same filename/folder then its possible but its better to do a hash check which is done by right click -> Force recheck this will take a few minutes

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    i haven't got a single hashfail with uTorrent until now...and i never uses force recheck...but still if u wanna be sure won't hurt to recheck
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Was trying this again and this time when I loaded the torrent it only went to 5.8%(of a ~78% complete download), Force recheck didn't change that either.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    If you were using Bit comet before the files need to be changed and I cant remeber off the top of my head on what needs to be changed, but I do remeber reading something about BitComet doing some kind of re-naming of the files when its used to download.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ^Of course, clients will add a extension for incomplete files. Thanks for helping me figure that one out.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by pECi View Post
    i haven't got a single hashfail with uTorrent until now...and i never uses force recheck...but still if u wanna be sure won't hurt to recheck
    if you hit skip hash check/ start seeding and the files you have are different utorrent will still start to recheck the files. even if its only one tiny sfv or whatever thats missing, youre gonna have to redownload 1-4 mb to get it to 100%. the client doesnt ignore the files if they dont have the same hash.

of course with 0day rar-packed movies on different trackers its likely you wont ever have a hashfail.