Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Navy? Your thoughts?

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post

Not sure what you meant by that, but I'm already in the Air Force except I haven't done any training yet (i'm an officer cadet right now, training = next summer), and I can still "change" my career path and go Navy if I wanted to, although it'd take a while (beauracracy) that's why if I dont make a decision within the next month I'm gonna be with the Air Force for the next 9 years.
    Once you have finished your initial training the Forces usually tell you what you are most suited for.
    Ah true enough, IAP does determine that, however I still got selected for pilot, the only way they would determine I'm not fit to fly is I don't do jack shit during IAP and slack off. They have to meet their quotas you know but lets see, I mean pilot aint a bad thing I've always wanted to be one (albeit not a "transport" pilot, pilot nonetheless), salary is pretty damn good starting at 40k a year as a 2nd lieutenant. I set up an appointment with an Officer at the recruiting centre to discuss this matter further and see whats best.

@tempestv, yes indeed, f18 is weird for an Air Force, it's a navy bird, always has and always will be, damn Canadians and their military budget, all we have are a bunch of F4's to train in , I had asked a recruiter way back when when I was actually joining up if they had Naval aviators in the Canadian navy, he gave me like the longest look and said wtf is that?

Times like this I curse my cousins in the USN, 19 of em are naval aviators, one of my uncle's (cousin's father) is a freakin CAG I mean come on, that's huge respect right there, and most of them are Lt. Commanders already. Too bad they retired the F14's cuz out of the 19 I believe 14 of them were F14 pilots, but they're getting retrained for the F18 super hornet.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Tell you what-don't sell chopper pilots short.

Lots of opportunities after your hitch, which, frankly, might be worth a career to retirement before becoming a civvie again.

If I hadn't had my head up my ass at your age, that'a what I'd have done.

Just a thought.

Luck with your choice...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Lots of opportunities after your hitch, which, frankly, might be worth a career to retirement before becoming a civvie again.

Just a thought.

Luck with your choice...
    Yup, don't worry a helicopter pilot...is still a pilot nonetheless, I just wanna make a good career out of this, my goal is to retire (or leave) after I make the rank of Captain (colonel), that's a freakin long shot but hey we all have goals.

The appointment is next wednesday, lets see what happens.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14

Just a thought.

Luck with your choice...
    Yup, don't worry a helicopter pilot...is still a pilot nonetheless, I just wanna make a good career out of this, my goal is to retire (or leave) after I make the rank of Captain (colonel), that's a freakin long shot but hey we all have goals.

Yes, lets do.

I think you can, long shot or not.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame

Just a thought.

Luck with your choice...

So no chance of you being Major Asda then, is it straight from Capt To Col in Canadia.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post

So no chance of you being Major Asda then, is it straight from Capt To Col in Canadia.
    It's apparently a Canadian thing, ffs.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17

Well, well, well .... merkins say lootenant and it should be leftenant.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18

Well, well, well .... merkins say lootenant and it should be leftenant.
    Rubbish.

We invented American English, and have lent it to Canadia with permissions to inject occasional and nonsensical French-ness and free-form colloquial stuff.

You bloody island-folk are pushing your luck.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    What type of muppets would adopt French words into their language. That's a linguistic cul de sac.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    What type of muppets would adopt French words into their language. That's a linguistic cul de sac.
    It's their Quebec thingie.

Kinda like a cyst in a sensitive area, I hear.

Best not to poke or prod, just let it be.

Perhaps a Canadian member could elaborate...

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast