Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    You're looking thro' red coloured glasses, I'm looking thro' green coloured ones. I accept that.

However your contention that he was already on the way down when Boruc didn't touch him is pish. It simply didn't happen that way.

Any time I have ever seen a player running and pulling a hamstring, they don't fall down as if someone has hit them. They hop for a couple of steps, then sit down gingerly. It is the most obvious injury in the World. Anyone who watches the game immediately knows what has happened.

I'm not saying he hasn't done a hamstring, I'm saying he dived for the penalty.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    You're looking thro' red coloured glasses, I'm looking thro' green coloured ones. I accept that.

However your contention that he was already on the way down when Boruc didn't touch him is pish. It simply didn't happen that way.

Any time I have ever seen a player running and pulling a hamstring, they don't fall down as if someone has hit them. They hop for a couple of steps, then sit down gingerly. It is the most obvious injury in the World. Anyone who watches the game immediately knows what has happened.

You've got it wrong. That doesn't always happen when you pull a hamstring. I certainly didn't do that when I pulled mine.

It happened how I said. If you really believe that Giggs is going to tarnish his reputation by diving for the very first time in his career in the first half of a home match against Celtic that United don't need to win in order to progress at the age of 33 and while in his best form for five years, then you need your head read.

He doesn't dive, he didn't dive, he went down as a result of an injury which has rendered him unable to play for the next three weeks.

I don't understand why it's difficult for anyone to understand. You must have scouse blood 'cos all the scum in the pub last night were of the same opinion
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    dive.

fact.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    dive.

fact.
    Cometh the hour, speaketh the Geordie Bawa.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

You've got it wrong. That doesn't always happen when you pull a hamstring. I certainly didn't do that when I pulled mine.

It happened how I said. If you really believe that Giggs is going to tarnish his reputation by diving for the very first time in his career in the first half of a home match against Celtic that United don't need to win in order to progress at the age of 33 and while in his best form for five years, then you need your head read.

He doesn't dive, he didn't dive, he went down as a result of an injury which has rendered him unable to play for the next three weeks.

I don't understand why it's difficult for anyone to understand. You must have scouse blood 'cos all the scum in the pub last night were of the same opinion

Everyone who isn't a Welsh manutd fan is of the same opinion mate. Do the maths.

This idea that he would have considered what he was doing, within the context of how important the game was is nonsensical. It was a moment of madness, I'll happily give you that, but that doesn't make it any less of a dive.

I cite Zidane, in the World Cup Final as precedent.
    Last edited by Agrajag; 09-14-2006 at 09:41 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi

Everyone who isn't a Welsh manutd fan is of the same opinion mate. Do the maths.

This idea that he would have considered what he was doing, within the context of how important the game was is nonsensical. It was a moment of madness, I'll happily give you that, but that doesn't make it any less of a dive.

The importance of the game would have been already in his head - why would you think that he would need to remind himself of how, relatively, unimportant the game was just prior to the incident.

He already knew

He injured himself in the sprint, he went down due to the injury.

The only moment of madness concerns Boruc. Why did he go in like that? All he needed to do was stand up - even a fit Giggs couldn't have got to the ball to whip it in.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Zidane had previously got sent off for headbutting and had got sent off for violent conduct on three other separate occasions.

Giggs has never, ever dived before.

How is this like that.

==

Answered that separately because it wasn't there when I started typing my reply.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    It was you who started talking about the importance of the game, not I. I agree that it is totally irrelevant.

Whether Boruc should have been there or not is also specious and you know it. He didn't touch Giggs, or if he did it was at most minimal contact.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Zidane had previously got sent off for headbutting and had got sent off for violent conduct on three other separate occasions.

Giggs has never, ever dived before.

How is this like that.

==

Answered that separately because it wasn't there when I started typing my reply.
    I was illustrating a moment of madness.

The man was playing in the World Cup Final. He is one of the top 10 footballers who has ever played. He has won the World Cup and God knows what else. However people will remember that moment.

People do really stupid things without thinking, that fact that Giggs has never been guilty of diving before is irrelevant.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It was you who started talking about the importance of the game, not I. I agree that it is totally irrelevant.

Whether Boruc should have been there or not is also specious and you know it. He didn't touch Giggs, or if he did it was at most minimal contact.
    You're not agreeing with me - for I've written that I think the context of the game is important, who is it that you're agreeing with.

Boruc did brush Giggs' arm, it wasn't enough to make him go down. The fact that he was there is relevant because it's made Celtic fans think he dived when the simple fact is that if Boruc had stayed on his line, Giggs would have gone down in a similar fashion because he injured his hamstring.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast