Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sherlock Holmes

UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I have started a new website with HTML versions of my favourite detective "Sherlock Holmes".
    Its only just started and there is only one tale so far - "The Hound Of The Baskervilles" - but take a peak and give me your comments please.

I would like some ideas of how to design it and make the site a bit more presentable. Text is allways a bit naughty on the eyes, if theres too much, but what can you do - its a book !!

More tales will follow - i promise

Here is the link: Sherlock Stories

You can of course just click on my "weblink" below

Peace
    UKMan

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I want them in Audio.Read by UKman.So I can sit back.....drink a beer and just listen.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 May 2003 - 08:20
    I want them in Audio.Read by UKman.So I can sit back.....drink a beer and just listen.
    Tune in tonight bro around 18.00 GMT - i will be sending "A Study In Scarlet" - Sherlocks first case!!
    1 1/2 hours of pure Old Time Radio - not the best quality but its the thought that counts

Peace
    UKMan

PS GMT = Greenwich Mean Time - thats UK-time for the illiterate

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by UKMan@10 May 2003 - 02:26
    What time is that on the East Coast?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+10 May 2003 - 08:33--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 10 May 2003 - 08:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--UKMan@10 May 2003 - 02:26

[/b][/quote]
    Not sure - i&#39;m illiterate too -
    I think its about 12.00 noon Eastern Time - dont quote me on that though ?&#33;

Anyway, it aint me reading, its an Old Time Radio Play recording - great stuff

I know you&#39;ll be a bit dissapointed as you would no doubt like to hear my London accent ringing out over the airwaves

Peace
    UKMan

6. Lounge   -   #6
    hammermaff's Avatar Poster
    The games afoot&#33;&#33;

Well done uk man, it&#39;s about time someone enlightened the kazza faithful.

I too love the stories of holmes and watson, my own personal favourite being "the sign of four".

Here&#39;s a couple of sites where you can d/load his adventures:site 1,
    site 2
    you could also get info & pics. etc. from here: sherlockian . net, or here: sherlock museum.

I hope this helpful, keep up the GREAT
    work&#33;
    p.s. did you hear, they&#39;re thinking of making a new film "SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE VENGENCE OF DRACULA."(silly question of course you did) elementary&#33;

Maff

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+10 May 2003 - 08:33--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 10 May 2003 - 08:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--UKMan@10 May 2003 - 02:26

[/b][/quote]

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by UKMan+10 May 2003 - 05:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 10 May 2003 - 05:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 May 2003 - 08:33
    <!--QuoteBegin--UKMan
    @10 May 2003 - 02:26

Not sure - i&#39;m illiterate too -
    I think its about 12.00 noon Eastern Time - dont quote me on that though ?&#33;

Anyway, it aint me reading, its an Old Time Radio Play recording - great stuff

I know you&#39;ll be a bit dissapointed as you would no doubt like to hear my London accent ringing out over the airwaves

Peace
    UKMan [/b][/quote]
    If it is 12:00 NOON I will have to cut off my Broadcast to listen.

So many stations.....so little bandwidth.

*Opps.....I quoted ya.*

9. Lounge   -   #9
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    @hammermaff
    Nice links - i had the last 2 - but the first 2 where very nice - thx - i might use those to "personally" record some stories that FC so desperately wants me to read -
    I had heard a rumour about the film - inside info tells me that he and Moriarty.... uhmmm - nah, i&#39;m not gonna give it away. But Sherlock does actually fall.......nah, not gonna give that away either - he he he&#33;

@JPaul
    thx - i was right about the time at least

@FC
    I aint gonna force ya to give up on prime time bro - but if ya wanna, i&#39;ll try and pay back somehow B)

Peace
    UKMan

10. Lounge   -   #10
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    The following quotes are from Musicworld: (Click here to read them)
    I&#39;m getting ready to tune into a radio station with Winamp........any station suggestions?&nbsp;

Tchau&#33;
    Still no suggestions.........and I have read some users here bragging about their radio broadcasts......one of them even claims to be "The 1st KLF Radio Broadcaster&#33;"

I guess I&#39;ll sit here in silence until someone makes a suggestion.

Tchau&#33;
    Ok - I take back what I said in my post in Musicworld....that UKMan person was already broadcasting by the time I made my comments.

My apologies to UKMan.

Tchau&#33;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast