Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow speed with Newsbin Pro

Hi,

im getting speeds like 110 KBps on Newsbin pro, and this happens for all kinds of downloads (mp3, movies, etc)

ps. I get same speeds for Newsleecher.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    SELF ******
    Edit: read that wrong

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    What's your connection speed?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think that his connection speed is 1mbit. Also it may have something to do with how many connections you have to server...usually 4 does the job for me and i hit full 500KB/s (4mbit).
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Well that's not too bad for 1Mb then.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    My isp said that im supposed to get speeds up to 500 KB/s. And he also said he cannot help me because he said the speed has to do something with where im downloading from and nothing to do with MTS news servers.

And my maximum connections allowed open are 2, which i have set newsbin/newsleecher to.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Sounds like your on your internet companys servers. If so they may have a cap on newsgroups speeds but not on internet speeds. If not then what server do you have. Also what internet company do you have...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Im pertty sure they recently put a cap speed on just now, because before i get upto 500 and now i get around 120, and this doesnt matter how big the file is.

Server: news.mts.net
    ISP: MTS

On the speed test i got 1.4mbit

9. Newsgroups   -   #9

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Download Bandwidth Test Results

Download speed: 1522 kilobits per second

Test details: 3354 kilobytes downloaded in 17.625 seconds.
    Receive buffer size: Not available

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast