Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: good ol' popey..

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sArA View Post
    I am finding it more and more difficult to sympathise with those who follow Islam, when the so called 'moderates' do not stand up and condemn the violent outcry from their 'fundamentalist' brethren.

It seems to me that to find offence at being accused of being a violent religion and then to demonstrate their offence by the use of violence is just plain bonkers.

Not exactly the way to make friends and influence people is it?
    Yeah I read that a nun was killed in Somalia over the pope's remarks. That's pretty fucked-up.

I guess these fucking Muslims are just plain fucking stupid.

Imagine the world if it started acting like them...you know, killing Muslims based on what some high ranking Imam said. Maybe they'd understand then.
    I am patiently awaiting a comment from a Somalian member.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillian View Post
    Jeez, do any of you listen to the radio or read a newspaper? There are Muslims all over condemning the violent reactions in other countries.

You are sticking your heads in the sand then complaining about the lack of sunlight.
    Do you read the papers, they are burning down Churches and shooting Nuns. Over the Pope quoting someone.

The BNP and their like are decried, quite rightly, for racist and sectarian speeches for fuck sake.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Did you read my post or just quote it?

I responded to both the points you just made :/

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34

No you didn't, you said there were people decrying violence.

You made no mention of the murders and mindless violence, the really important part of it.

People saying that it's bad, that's a good thing. However it doesn't bring the Nun or her bodyguard back to life. Neither does it repair the burned out Churches.

The Pope's point, religion should not be used as a justification for violence. The response, you have insulted my religion so I will randomly murder members of your's. Do you see just how fucked up that is.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Some idiots shot at the synagoge in my area last weekend.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Must have been a Hindu, the Muslim religion is non-violent.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post

You made no mention of the murders and mindless violence, the really important part of it.

People saying that it's bad, that's a good thing. However it doesn't bring the Nun or her bodyguard back to life. Neither does it repair the burned out Churches.

The Pope's point, religion should not be used as a justification for violence. The response, you have insulted my religion so I will randomly murder members of your's. Do you see just how fucked up that is.
    If people are decrying the violent response to the Pope's remarks, you can be sure they decry the murders too. As the speaker on FiveLive this morning was, along with two columnists in the editorial section of The Independent newspaper.

I wasn't saying that's enough, nor do I fail to see the irony in people using violence to protest that they have been called a violent people.

It just annoys me that whenever incidents like this happen, people always say there are no Muslims condemning the response (implying that they all agree). I'm quite sure that none of these commentators have Muslim friends or even co-workers, or they would certainly see that most Muslims (at least in the Western world) think the violent response is as stupid as we do.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Must have been a Hindu, the Muslim religion is non-violent.
    it was probably architect students.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39

If people are decrying the violent response to the Pope's remarks, you can be sure they decry the murders too. As the speaker on FiveLive this morning was, along with two columnists in the editorial section of The Independent newspaper.

I wasn't saying that's enough, nor do I fail to see the irony in people using violence to protest that they have been called a violent people.

It just annoys me that whenever incidents like this happen, people always say there are no Muslims condemning the response (implying that they all agree). I'm quite sure that none of these commentators have Muslim friends or even co-workers, or they would certainly see that most Muslims (at least in the Western world) think the violent response is as stupid as we do.

Who decries these acts, Muslims in the UK who have become more westenised. Muslims in other western countries, who also have learned a bit of tolerance. How many Muslims in the region are decrying the acts. That's who should be doing it, are they. I genuinely don't know.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    6 years ago, the muslim world was none existent in your feable minds.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast