Thread: Burning Videos

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Dear Readers,

I was wondering if it is possible to just burn regular .avi videos onto a DVD-R and play it on a DVD Player? Hehe I havne't tried as I don't want to waste CD's just yet.. SO I wanted to make sure if it is possible to play it back as like a... regular dvd where it just streams itself through, after an episode ends, it just goes to the next...
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    You can play avi files on newer dvds only, or you can play it if your dvd player is a divx/dvd player. I have a xoro and yamada divx player and i can play all types of movies besides quicktime file types, windows media file types and real media file types. But probably i could upgate it to play more codecs. I don't know what kind of player you have, but if it is a dvx you can upgate it with firmware from either your player's homepage or some other site. If you can browse your cd/dvd on your dvd player like you do on pc its probably a divx, just sometimes when you browse it won't display all files, files that it can't read. You could try it with a mp3 cd/dvd you burned, since such players play mp3 also and open it like on pc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well I have a Kareoke DVD Player and it seems to play, vcd/svcd/mp3/dvd, so dunno if that helps any, it is by RJTech...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    no, it would say divx if it could play divx/xvid (avi)

even then, if its been encoded with nvop/bvop it probably wouldnt play

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    It wouldn't hurt to try one on a cd, or 6 on a dvd. To keep from filling up my hard drive with avi's I copy them over to dvd-rw which holds 6 700+mb files. Then I can delete the ones on the hard drive and store the disk in a disk holder. If you do this, there's nothing stopping you from putting one of the disks in your player and see what happens. I do know that many RJTech players are divx compatible and will play divx and xvid files burned as data to a disk.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanks Appzalien, I will give it a try when I get the time.

Edit: Dang apparently mine doens't read it if I burn the .avi as Data DVD >< oh well was worth a try.
    Last edited by LilAznAccommodator; 09-17-2006 at 09:37 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    david02's Avatar only human BT Rep: +1
    you can try to concert avi to svcd using a conversion tool
    ''God is dead.'' - Nietche
    ''Nietche is dead!'' -God

graffiti