Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to move uTorrent, torrent info?

I will be moving to a new system and hard drive soon. And I have some active torrents, some downloading some seeding.

The question is how can I transfer the torrent information so utorrent will see and continue downloading and seeding current torrents.

I can move the complete and incomplete files to the proper directories, but just to have utorrent see them without having to reload the original torrent file.

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    thesixthsensor's Avatar P0st3r
    All you have to do is copy the file that you have downloaded so far to your new hard drive. Then find the original torrent link where you downloaded it from and click download. When the menu comes up in utorrent save it to the same folder as the already existing files. Utorrent will then check the file and begin downloading from where you left off.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    C:\Documents and Settings\~\Application Data\uTorrent is where all data is put, unless you told uTorrent to save that info in a different folder.

copy all the files found in
    C:\Documents and Settings\~\Application Data\uTorrent from your old pc to the
    C:\Documents and Settings\~\Application Data\uTorrent in the new pc.

replace ~ with your user name.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    is utorrent a lot better than Azureus? Why or why not?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by treesap View Post
    is utorrent a lot better than Azureus? Why or why not?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t1161....+Azureus.html

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by thesixthsensor View Post
    All you have to do is copy the file that you have downloaded so far to your new hard drive. Then find the original torrent link where you downloaded it from and click download. When the menu comes up in utorrent save it to the same folder as the already existing files. Utorrent will then check the file and begin downloading from where you left off.
    I can copy the data, the problem is with the original torrent files as most of the time I delete it when complete and let the torrent keep going. I am not sure I have all the original torrents for the ones still downloading.
    Is there any place utorrent stores torrents as they do still work even if I delete the original torrent file?

Thanks

I like utorrent because it is blazing fast and uses no resources unlike Azureus.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by elkinm View Post
    Is there any place utorrent stores torrents as they do still work even if I delete the original torrent file?

Start > Run
    %appdata%/utorrent/

unless you've specified another place in the utorrent options.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    thesixthsensor's Avatar P0st3r
    all you have to do is find the link online where you originally got it from... if you can find them lol

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    thanks for the help, very good advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast