Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pisexy/SceneReactor, lost passwords :(

stets619's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Hey people!
    I'm hoping a person (s) from these 2 sites can help me.
    A couple months ago my hardrive fried, so I decided to just get a new Dell instead of buying a new hardrive (my old computer was a bit outdated/Pentium 4/2.6/ddr 400/80gig/9600 pro).
    I had to save up a bit, I decided to get a Dell Dimension 9200, that came with a Pentium Duo E6600/ 4 gig DDR2 533/ 320 gig harddrive/Nvidia 7900 GS, What a difference, holy ****.

Anyway, so 2 months later, I go about bookmarking all my favorite sites and saving the pass info with roboform. Only 2 left to go (that I can remember at this point in time) and they are Pisexy and SceneReactor. I tried to retrieve password from both sites using my email address. Both sites send me a password reset confirmation email, I then click the link to confirm, then it tell me, success, an email has been sent to you with the new account details. Except...

I never do get an email from either this sites. I've tried 4 times each, I always never recieve the email with the new account details

I'm hoping a superior person (Owner/Mod/Sysop, the like) that is from these 2 sites can help me get my new acount details. Please.

I think it may because I use hotmail as my email address for both of these sites, I'll have to change it if possible.

My name at Pisexy is n00bie I believe and n00bster at scenereactor.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    scr is down now. hope be back soon!!! if it can be back , i am sure you can get your pass back.
    because i got mine back through their irc once. they are nice people.

pisexy is valuable !!!! hope you can get it back.
    Last edited by berserk1980; 09-17-2006 at 09:36 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    @pisexy> n00bie
    Canada

(add to friends) - (add to blocks)
    Join date 2006-01-26 19:03:34 (33 weeks ago)
    Last seen 2006-08-18 18:38:06 (4 weeks ago)
    Uploaded 7.99 GB
    Downloaded 8.18 GB
    Share ratio
    Class Abuser

So your account is still active...
    Dont remember right now, but I'm sure that some pisexy staff members are here also and I know they will help you cause pisexy staff is just great...
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    scenereactor died and everyone had to reregister.
    so simply sign up again.

edit: apparently the sites dead again. pls dont pm me asking their new url,they dont have 1, im not even a member there anymore

for pisexy, try here
    if u have the same email addy they should be able to email u ur password, or reset it for u.
    Last edited by j0hn; 09-17-2006 at 10:13 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    oh wow, ok then I'll sign-up to their new site, hopefully no more email spam, hehe.

Ya see, I enter my email address into that form right? I then get a confirmation email from them, I click on the link provided in the email to confirm, then it say something like "success, your new account details will be emailed to you shortly"
    But I never get it, my new account details (new password) doesn't get sent to me. This is where I need help, I need the new password...
    I'm glad to see I'm still a member, I'd like to fix that ratio a bit eh.
    So ya, hopefully someone from Pisexy can help.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    is it a hotmail email?
    alot of free email providers simply eat the emails sent, and put them in junk mail/spam folders.
    but hotmail swallows them completely, it bypasses the junk mail folder.
    microsoft says its deliberate to help stop copyright theft.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ya, it's hotmail, I've had problems like this occassionally with hotmail, not sure if yahoo or sympatico would be better.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    use gmail. it is always nice to me

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by stets619 View Post
    ya, it's hotmail, I've had problems like this occassionally with hotmail, not sure if yahoo or sympatico would be better.
    anythings better than hotmail for using with torrent sites.
    alot of sites actually tell u when u sign up, or in the faq, not to use a hotmail email address.
    i recommend changing it if u manage to get back on to the site. also changing it for any other sites ur a member of.
    Quote Originally Posted by berserk1980 View Post
    use gmail. it is always nice to me
    i too, recommend gmail. although i actually use my yahoo email for most sites im on, and it receives them all fine.

if u dont already have a gmail account, why the hell not. its the best thing since sliced bread.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    mass PM :
    Dear Pisexians,

We have been getting a lot of users having trouble recovering there lost passwords using Hotmail accounts.

This is because Hotmail see's the recovery mail sent from Pisexy as Spam, and so decides to either put it in the spambox, or auto deletes it.

If you do have your Pisexy account associated with a Hotmail account, we urge you to change your e-mail right away to any other account.

This will save you a lot of grief later if you do forget your password.

You can change your e-mail by clicking on the "Profile" link at the top of the page, putting your new e-mail in the "Email Address" box, and clicking the "Submit Changes" button.

Thank You and Happy Torrenting.

Pisexy Staff
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast