Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we talk about mIRC??

j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    u dont need to register it
    registering it only stops it asking u to register everytime it starts
    essentially though its free

and no, its not faster than torrents. its not a filesharing program
    if u've never used mirc, chances are u'll never be able to find anything to download with it.
    its simply a program most ppl use to enter irc chatrooms
    some of these rooms (theres hundreds of thousands of irc channels (rooms)) have "bots" that send music/movies/apps etc.

its not as widely used as it used to be, and like i said, u'll find it very difficult to find such rooms. if u want free/fast downloads, use torrents.

if u want faster/small cost downloads, with a pretty much unlimited selection of files, then use newsgroups

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    u dont need to register it
    registering it only stops it asking u to register everytime it starts
    essentially though its free

and no, its not faster than torrents. its not a filesharing program
    if u've never used mirc, chances are u'll never be able to find anything to download with it.
    its simply a program most ppl use to enter irc chatrooms
    some of these rooms (theres hundreds of thousands of irc channels (rooms)) have "bots" that send music/movies/apps etc.

its not as widely used as it used to be, and like i said, u'll find it very difficult to find such rooms. if u want free/fast downloads, use torrents.

if u want faster/small cost downloads, with a pretty much unlimited selection of files, then use newsgroups
    I agree with most of what you have said. But I have seen channels with fast uploads (better then BT) but they are few and far....BT and NG are alot more simple to use for the average user (since the start of nzb files)...

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I wouldn't use mIRC unless you were running an fserv with something like sysreset. If you're just downloading or chatting make it irssi.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    can anybody please help me???

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    One thing i like about mIRC is that i feel more secure downloading in it than in BT. If nothing else, its a good a alternative to P2P if u know what ur doing.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by CMC1314 View Post
    thank you very much...eh another question lol sorry ya'll but is it faster than torrents??
    It can be - depends on the server. The biggest problem with mIRC is the que lines. You can wait days in line before you even start a download for a popular file.

I know how hard it is for people to grasp this around here, but the only sure fire way to get screaming fast downloads is newsgroups. Obviously many dont like it because there are fees involved, but there are cheaper ways to do it. Newsgroups are a huge advantage to those with really fast connections. 100mbits? No problem, you can DL at your full bandwidth - you just have to pay for it. http://www.usenetserver.com/ - 3 dollars 3 days. If you have a lot of downloading to do, pay 3 bucks and give it a try. Download newsleecher and use all your bandwidth.

Here is a guide that can help:
    http://www.cdwmobile.com/blog/2006/1...-to-be-scared/

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
    whats da key to dis product i dl but it say i need to reigister whats da name and code plz anybody
    I can help you...drop into FileSharingTalk.com chat on Soulseek or PM me

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    but you must hurry..as I have zero-tolerance...

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    o.k. silly question time, what does the m relate to mirc

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    it stands for Multi...

http://www.mirc.co.uk/mirc.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast